VH-MDX Missing for 30 years

Hi, is anyone on here actively involved with searching for VH-MDX? Presumably missing around Barrington tops for over 30 years. I have amassed a lot of information and currently searching and area near mount Sandon due to witness reports and discounted information. I am interested in setting up some sort of fund to bank role a better search and interested in Ideas on the best way to go.

• Like 1
  • Caution 1

If you haven't read the extensive threads on prune which include very interesting analysis, reports from the groups that have been searching, and their proposals it's worth a read and you might be interested in funding some of those people.

Thanks Turbs,

I have zero knowledge on how to set up a donate able fund to pay for this and looking for advice by those that may have before.

I have read a lot of the Prune stuff and have been active in researching this long before it was mainstream knowledge, when I was in the defence force I got together with an Army gent from Sydney, CPL Nolan and sought info from Defence, government and police. Over the years I have accrued a lot of info however no one can locate the myriad of witness statements that went to police.

Through a few witness's that kept a copy there is a picture developing that the hand rendered radar plot given the day after buy an ATC that was not qualified to use the radar was out one distance ring, correct bearing though. Lots of small things that were discounted due to police having what they thought was definitive proof of location in a supposedly infallible radar paint.

Searching for this aircraft is proving to be a great way to motivate my family to explore the outdoors and who knows we may be correct, that's if the Forrest will give up its secret, lol. Interestingly I went passed a hut that Malcolm Naden camped in today, thankfully he's not around...

• Like 2

I've seen some of those donation sites on Facebook, can't remember any specific ones now, but maybe you could search for some well known causes. It looked a very simple process to me, certainly as far as donating was concerned.

I've also donated quite a few times to guys who make free software available, and what they use is very easy too, you get an immediate receipt

Deadstick

A friend of mine was the policeman in charge of the original search. He had lots of witness statements and reams of information. However he passed away several years ago and I am unsure if his widow had kept the records, I think maybe not. Peter was consumed with finding MDX right up to the end. I have been to search several times however it is a fair distance for me. I plan to be in the area again next month but just to have a look with my family. Regards Tom

Is "crowdfunding" the thing you are trying to get happening? Try googling "what is crowdfunding and how does it work"

yes , an effective way of getting funds , but usually the investors are looking for a return . is there gold or cash or valuable cargo on board ??

there was a large helicopter flying around the flinders last year that had a huge antenna cabled underneath about 100 ft below and about at least 50ft dia

doing some sort of scanning , it was around for days ,

could be worth a look .

technology in salvage opps is getting used for all sorts of adventures

There was now!,Wasn't there four bookmakers on board returning from big wins at the goldcoast.

No. The flight started in Proserpine with the stop in Cooly only to refuel.

• 1 year later...

Try using Kickstarter to get your crowd funding. But you do need to put some serious effort into making your plea and be able to offer some rewards for the people who back you. When you set your target remember if you don't make it you get nothing. Best to have a look at the other projects and see what they have done to get their support.

Good luck.

https://www.kickstarter.com/