Registration Renewals

Things are definitely looking on the up.....

Had a registration that was a bit of a doozy; change of ownership (from deceased estate), back into the 'fold' (unregistered for a few years) and change of designation (95:10 to 19-xxxx).

Filled out reams of paperwork, stat. dec. for ownership, numerous photos and weight & balance sheet.

Scanned the whole lot, forwarded by email (about 7.3MB);

TWENTY DAYS !!!! 014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

Now if the weather could just clear I can do a bit of re-test flying....

• Like 2

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Maj Millard
Things are definitely looking on the up.....Had a registration that was a bit of a doozy; change of ownership (from deceased estate), back into the 'fold' (unregistered for a few years) and change of designation (95:10 to 19-xxxx).

Filled out reams of paperwork, stat. dec. for ownership, numerous photos and weight & balance sheet.

Scanned the whole lot, forwarded by email (about 7.3MB);

TWENTY DAYS !!!! 014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

Now if the weather could just clear I can do a bit of re-test flying....

G'day Pylon.......hey we're doing our best to get things sorted....happy you are happy !...........Maj...

• 3 weeks later...

....and a straightforward 95.10 registration. Last year it took about 5 weeks with several hiccups cause of changes that had been made to my 95.10 and this year it took just 11 days. Faxed details including payment stuff on the 29th September and got an email around the 2nd October saying that my payment details were incorrect so rang ra-Aus after checking payment details were actually correct and got my registration card etc in the mail yesterday so all is good cause the rego didn't expire till next Tuesday.

• Like 2

Guest Maj Millard

Thank you all for the positive comments .....the board and new CEO Michael Linke made the rego area a number one priority and the CEO has done a wonderfull job of getting it sorted.

Thanks you all for your considerable patience over the past two years...........Maj....

Thanks Maj. Great credit to the Board, Management and the Staff. This is the turnaround we had all been hoping for.

Still like to see renewals as slick as re-registering my car but that is going to take major IT systems upgrade.

Don

Guest Maj Millard
Thanks Maj. Great credit to the Board, Management and the Staff. This is the turnaround we had all been hoping for.Still like to see renewals as slick as re-registering my car but that is going to take major IT systems upgrade.

Don

An IT upgrade is ongoing Don...also on Michaels priority list.............

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Renewed my registration on line on the 5th of May and received the new card in the mail yesterday. All good now.

Same here, 7 day turn around. It's good to the rego delays are hopefully a thing of the past.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Guest Maj Millard

Regos and membership renewals have been sorted for some months now. With the new major IT upgrade which should be in place by the end of the year, things can only improve further.

It is a credit to the CEO and the current office staff who to a point, are still using a paper based system .

Just had my renewal come through - fast and efficient. RAA is to be commended as having been a member of many associations and clubs prior to discovering aviation I can assure you that RAA is way above most of them.

I struggle to understand the wingers, grizzles and naysayers who continue to bang on regarding rego, license and magazine costs as what we get for our money is exceptional. Think about it when you next pay your motor vehicle rego.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Guest Maj Millard

And if you think a board member gets out of paying it ...think again !....jus paid both rego and membership in the past month just like everybody else, and the same amount also.

And if you think a board member gets out of paying it ...think again !....jus paid both rego and membership in the past month just like everybody else, and the same amount also.

I did not doubt you in any way Maj.. Just imagine the noise if you got your membership and rego discounted in any way.

KP.

Guest Andys@coffs

Actually it is worth identifying that when the current board looked at the circumstances in place by previous boards there were a number of rescission motions put at the 2014 October board meeting. Gone were spouse reimbursement for board related accompanying...and gone was the free ASIC card.

The list of remaining benefits for an RAAus board member is exactly zero, as you would expect. No pork barrels anywhere in sight!

Andy

Maj & Andy,

I think Board Members should pay *double* registration and membership fees.

That would give you extra incentive to drive these charges down . . . . . . . . NO, not really.

Joking . . . really. 043_duck_for_cover.gif.77707e15ee173cd2f19de72f97e5ca3b.gif

(OK not very funny . . .)

In truth, most Board Members work very hard for no return other than the satisfaction of taking Recreational Aviation forwards. And think of the "help" they get with their thinking from the odd keyboard warrior. Some being particularly odd.

I'd advise anyone thinking of running for the Board just for the "exalted status and the right to wear epaulettes" to find some other way of overcoming their inferiority complex.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I've been critical of the board in the past but I must agree, on the whole they have done a good job over the past 18 months. The hard decisions are never popular but the Board hasn't ignored the issues which had to be address. It's a thankless job, no matter what they do some members won't be happy. Keep up the good work, only downside is some poor communication but even that appears to be improving (latest board minutes good example).

• Like 1