Rego Renewals

Renewed mine in December and likewise had a good quick return.

But I was most surprised with my certified/membership renewal as I left it until the last minute and thought I might have a week or two not flying but low and behold it was back in a week 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

• Like 1

Guest Andys@coffs

Why not fax or email? As I understand it you will, when the renewals done, get an email copy of the renewal showing the print of what is on the new card as soon as its done to cover you while the new ones on its way, why pay for slow post when you don't have to?

By the end of the year you wont have to send in anything, rather all the renewals will be done via the members portal in a web based renewal. I believe if you have no circumstances that require any exceptions to a standard renewal then the renewal is done in real time as you type the answers to the renewal questions. Payment is then made via a true online payment portal and its all done, no human intervention required by RAAus staff, except for the person who puts the new card in the mail at the other end....but as I said you have a paper copy of that card so could generally care less when that turns up....

Andy

This system sounds like it could save the association hundreds of thousands in reduced staffing (paper based manual labour) each year. Good to see some progress and the board has made the right decision to spend now to save later.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Maj Millard
This system sounds like it could save the association hundreds of thousands in reduced staffing (paper based manual labour) each year. Good to see some progress and the board has made the right decision to spend now to save later.

An initial estimate annually of at least $k130 saved, which I feel may be conservative. This money can then be put into other areas to members benefits, or to make the organization more more sound for the future.

Guest Maj Millard

It is good to see members acknowleging the fine work done on the rego renewal area by many. When the current CEO took office, he tackled the problem as his first priority.

We know have office staff and a CEO in our Canberra office than we can be proud of.

Guest Maj Millard
Has the RAA reduced the size of the workforce associated with the registration process?

FT ..During the rego renewal crisis ( prior to the hiring of the current CEO) additional persons were bought in on a temporary basis. Additionally office staff did additional hours to clear the backlog. Most bought in on a temp basis have now gone, and I believe the office staff is now back to a normal number, and has been for a number of months.

As Andy mentioned with the new major IT and office systems upgrades some staff numbers may change, ( or may stay the same ) however too early to see that happening right now.