Hi All

New to this and just started training in a jab @ Narromine. Looking to purchase my first raa aircraft possibly a X-air but no of none in my area so if any one has one in driving distance of Narromine that could take me for a tif please leave phone No. Ta Thanks

• Like 1

New to this and just started training in a jab @ Narromine. Looking to purchase my first raa aircraft possibly a X-air but no of none in my area so if any one has one in driving distance of Narromine that could take me for a tif please leave phone No. Ta Thanks

Welcome! Which jab model do you fly? I fly the 120. I would be interested to hear what you think of learning to fly in the jab?

Welcome! Which jab model do you fly? I fly the 120. I would be interested to hear what you think of learning to fly in the jab?

Thanks recflyer, Its a white one. lsa55 I think, and wasn't my first choice of aircraft due to the hype with jab but now having a massive 2 hrs in one I have been pleasantly surprised how sturdy they are. Looking forward to getting more airtime and mastering that bloody right foot thing.

Cheers

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum Gary. . . .

The rules are. . . .you've got to keep us posted about your thoughts on training. . . . . . !

Best of winds, and no turbulence Sir.

Phil

Thanks recflyer, Its a white one. lsa55 I think, and wasn't my first choice of aircraft due to the hype with jab but now having a massive 2 hrs in one I have been pleasantly surprised how sturdy they are. Looking forward to getting more airtime and mastering that bloody right foot thing.Cheers

I fly the j120 (a later version of the lsa I believe) and love it.

With only one person in the aircraft it climbs well and you can get to circuit height in no time at all. Its also cheaper per hour than the larger jabs so you will save heaps of money in your training And learn to stay coordinated and understand the importance of keeping your speed up on final As the aircraft is so light it does not have much momentum.

Enjoy!

• Agree 1

In the early 1970s,. . . I had the offer of a free lift from Sydney to Jakarta on a repositioning flight in a completely empty B707 cargo aircraft, . . .WOWIE. . . .the thing went up as though it was terrified of the ground . . .! ( No,. . .not vertical,. . .but SERIOUSLY steep AOC,. . . . ) I experienced a similar event as third officer on a 727 cargo flight a few years later and had a similar experience, ( lovely aeroplane that. . .) BUT. . . I Really WOULD like to sit in a late model jetliner in the same circumstances, ( but the chances of that nowadays are very remote ! ! ) The performance, with no cargo on board was astounding,. . . . even though the pilots reckoned that the aircraft was seriously under-powered in normal day to day operations. . . . I reckon that the performance of an empty 747, or Airbus A380 would be . . .er,. . .INTERESTING ? ?

The only delights I get nowadays, ( Apart from when I visit Thailand. . .! ) is when flying Rotax 912S powered trikes. . . .!. . . due to the massive power compared with the tiny weight. . . the climb angle / rate is truly breathtaking !

Phil

Phil you get to do take-offs with low weights on training. Most are reduced thrust. (Derated) for engine life. ALL modern twin engined jets are overpowered otherwise at low weights and low temps/altitudes with full power. They go like rockets then. Nev