Stolen Garmin 296

I had a breakin recently at my property at Maroochydore.

My 296 in the case with plane keys and asic card went plus phone and iPad.

The registration on the gps is 24 5135..

Obviously I am keen to get it back as the history of the past 10 or so years will be lost.

Appreciate if members can keep a look out for me.

Cheers,

Phil.

Bastards...the good old days of leaving the keys in the car and the front door unlocked are long gone. They probably don't even know what a 296 is for. Security cameras are very cheap now, we should all have at least 1 pointing at our planes....

If you have good internet I can recommend the "Arlo" units at Harvey Norman. They are exxy but work awesome.

They record everything straight to the cloud and you get realtime alerts to your mobile device, you can also watch them live on your device and they have a built in speaker so you can actually talk through them from the other side of the country.

Their only downside is their reliance on power/internet. So while it is mostly a positive (crims can steal the cameras but never the footage!) if you happen to have a blackout you will get nothing so it would be wise to also have a discreet "trailcam" hidden in a bush somewhere to cover every possibility.

We do have the trailcam sort as well but I find I don't keep them charged/downloaded as often as I should, the Arlo ones are just so user friendly with no physical interaction required other than a battery charge every six months or so (they let you know their battery strength so you don't miss it.)

If you have good internet I can recommend the "Arlo" units at Harvey Norman. They are exxy but work awesome.They record everything straight to the cloud and you get realtime alerts to your mobile device, you can also watch them live on your device and they have a built in speaker so you can actually talk through them from the other side of the country.

Their only downside is their reliance on power/internet. So while it is mostly a positive (crims can steal the cameras but never the footage!) if you happen to have a blackout you will get nothing so it would be wise to also have a discreet "trailcam" hidden in a bush somewhere to cover every possibility.

We do have the trailcam sort as well but I find I don't keep them charged/downloaded as often as I should, the Arlo ones are just so user friendly with no physical interaction required other than a battery charge every six months or so (they let you know their battery strength so you don't miss it.)

Many thanks for the info.

I will check out.

Phil.

Sorry to hear Phil - but its going on everywhere. Lucky you were not hurt or killed if you woke up and tried to stop them.

Sick of the crims and drug addicts. If they get caught its going to be a slap on the wrist. Its at a stage where we should have zero tolerance for break ins - home invasion - they should have no right of defence to put up - or - "the drugs made me do it" and I need money - (strict liability as we have now in flying) - 5 years jail and no judge can lower sentence. Government need to write the laws clearly - Australia is going down the tubes because we are so soft.

And no bleeding heart judges.

Police should be tracking phone and iPad through SIM cards if still fitted.Kaz

Exactly my thoughts. Guess that the police have more urgent crimes than to trace an iPhone or pad.I had “find my phone app” unbelievable stupid of me to store the complicated password on the phone.

Apple will not retrieve my backup until later next week. Phone could be anywhere by then.

Phil