Kimberley Sky-Rider 1978

Guest preventec47

But Ray is it a two stroke or four stroke you want?

Hirth f23lw at 22kg including exhausts and beltvredrive gives 50hp so running it at 40 with its nikosil cylinders should be just what’s needed ... and as a horizontal twin it’s much shorter complete than a bare 447

Except the rumoured sale of the compact radial engine line to an Asian company may actually have happened. The compact radial engine site has been taken down.

Hope it’s not the end of the mz engines

Yes, Leon Massa sold CRE to the Chinese late last year. However, this is potentially good news, as the Chinese would not have bought the company if they did not intend to continue manufacture of these excellent engines.

The email address I was given for enquiries / assistance to existing customers is: [email protected]

Bruce

Yes, Leon Massa sold CRE to the Chinese late last year. However, this is potentially good news, as the Chinese would not have bought the company if they did not intend to continue manufacture of these excellent engines.The email address I was given for enquiries / assistance to existing customers is: [email protected]

Bruce

Yeah I was aware of floatwing. My concern is they claim to be a UAV manufacturer and then have a pic of a varieze as one of their UAVs. All looks like wishes and hopes with some cash behind them that may end up with the end of the mz engines. Hope I’m wrong.

Companies DO buy other companies to stop production...... It's called "buying out the competition".

I do hope this is not the case with these....

A cheap 35-40 Hp motor is needed. Any ideas?

Ready made hubs and reduction drives for the following, honda gx690, subaru eh72, briggs and stratton vanguard range.The b&s are used in the usa for "mud boats" and air boats so alot of performance parts available.

Of note, the latest engines are efi..... so potentially some altitude compensation and lower fuel consumption ....

Obviously heavier than dedicated aviation engines.......but I focused on your key word, "cheap"004_oh_yeah.gif.138bad2925a1e956b63ce847119413ca.gif

Bloke on youtube has a few vids of a b&s behind a trike......

I'm surprised no one posted on the "spratt 103" thread. Quite an interesting and cheap aircraft. Kasper?

Companies DO buy other companies to stop production...... It's called "buying out the competition".I do hope this is not the case with these....Ready made hubs and reduction drives for the following, honda gx690, subaru eh72, briggs and stratton vanguard range.

The b&s are used in the usa for "mud boats" and air boats so alot of performance parts available.

Of note, the latest engines are efi..... so potentially some altitude compensation and lower fuel consumption ....

Obviously heavier than dedicated aviation engines.......but I focused on your key word, "cheap"004_oh_yeah.gif.138bad2925a1e956b63ce847119413ca.gif

Bloke on youtube has a few vids of a b&s behind a trike......

I'm surprised no one posted on the "spratt 103" thread. Quite an interesting and cheap aircraft. Kasper?

Kev Armstrong in the uk did the Briggs on the trike. He is very helpful and thecdrawibgs for his redrive are available.As far as Pratt wing goes it’s a flying wing with differential wing angles of attack - the tail group is just to provide some directional stability and ensure the thrust line stays where it’s supposed to ie more resistant to cofg than a trike and this easier to fly

If you want to contact Kev about his Briggs conversion ask him for his drawings of how to make a trike wing differential aofa... I looked at his drawings again the other night and he is mechanically well thought out.

• 9 months later...
I have one in my Hangar mate , a later version and factory built . Different wings. And has Pod has paper work ill dig out later

[ATTACH]35301[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]35302[/ATTACH]

Did that machine originally have a Robin 440 with a belt drive reduction?

• 1 month later...

My dad built one in I think 88, it was powered by a Robin 440 with a Cliff Van Pragg belt reduction. It had a clark Y section wing with split flaps that weren't a big success, the cockpit design was slightly changed to include a single central skid. The Robin engine went well getting 230lbs static thrust.

nobody has mentioned the E word - would have to be an option, albeit not a cheap one

I'm surprised nobody has made a comment about the video of my "scary" airfield....used only for RC aircraft now, probably better suited to that really - yes, the Drifter has been sold - needed a LOT of recon work

BP