Site Update Comments

Admin

32 minutes ago, Kenlsa said:

I can't write any comments on my Ipad and have to access this site on my lap top.

Ken

Can you try and clear the Recreational Flying .com Cookie...to do that look for your browser in the following linked page and perform the actions for your specific browser:

https://www.lifewire.com/clear-cookies-for-one-site-4587347

On 23/09/2020 at 8:38 AM, IBob said:

Hi Ian, all looks to be shaping up nicely when viewed on my old laptop!

Thanks for the ongoing dedication of you and your team in continuing to provide a great site and a terrific resource.

For newbies: there have been a few moves of the site over the years. Yes, they can tend to seem wrenching, but they do shake down nicely.

Can we have a What's New All below What's New on the left hand side? It's not a biggy, I'm just lazy.

Thanks again,

Bob

Hi @IBob, to add another menu item like Whats New (All) to the side menu will take up extra real estate when I know we are going to be looking for extra space on there as it is in due course. However. clicking the Whats New in the side menu will take you to either Whats new (Unread) OR Whats New (All) depending on what you have set as your Whats New default...is that ok by you?

On 23/09/2020 at 10:23 AM, IBob said:

Hi again. Am viewing on Windows laptop. The Notifications alert doesn't seem to be working, though the bold or light type indicating read/unread content is. Just in case you didn't know.

Thanks again.

Bob

Hi @IBob, not sure what you mean by this...can you elaborate?

13 minutes ago, Admin said:

Hi @IBob, to add another menu item like Whats New (All) to the side menu will take up extra real estate when I know we are going to be looking for extra space on there as it is in due course. However. clicking the Whats New in the side menu will take you to either Whats new (Unread) OR Whats New (All) depending on what you have set as your Whats New default...is that ok by you?

That's fine, Ian.

Now I'm just trying to find where I set the What's New default...ummmmmmmm

• Informative 1

13 minutes ago, Admin said:

Hi @IBob, not sure what you mean by this...can you elaborate?

The little alerts bell symbol wasn't originally working, but is all working fine now....so thanks for that..........)

• Helpful 1

3 hours ago, Cosmick said:

Hi Ian.

Looking for "mark all items as read"

inside posts looking for "edit/delete post"

For "Mark all items read" have a look in the top right corner under the header which says "Mark site read"

For "Mark forum read", there is a link at the top of the forum list of threads

1.jpg

To edit a post, click the 3 dots in the top right corner of the post

Hope this helps!

5 hours ago, IBob said:

That's fine, Ian.

Now I'm just trying to find where I set the What's New default...ummmmmmmm

Hi @IBob, have a look at this post as in this one it explains how to set the Whats new (All) as the default...you can set any Whats New stream as your default and even create your own view using the filters at the top of the Whats New page:

https://www.recreationalflying.com/topic/36880-site-update-comments/?do=findComment&comment=493284&_rid=1

Cosmick, For Edit or Delete, cllick on the three dots top right for a menu.

For setting viewing preferences, see this

On 22/09/2020 at 2:03 PM, Admin said:

Go to Whats New (All) and then on the right select Stream Options and then Set as your default stream

You will need to log out and log in again for it to take effect.

11 hours ago, red750 said:

Cosmick, For Edit or Delete, cllick on the three dots top right for a menu.

For setting viewing preferences, see this

You will need to log out and log in again for it to take effect.

ok found it. Is there a time limit

Edited by Cosmick
brain fart

Please note that the normal weekly email that gets sent out each Sunday morning with the latest popular threads will not be coming as I need to get a software solution to add to the site that will perform this weekly task...I hope you understand...I will get there

• Like 1

I have just completed setting up the First Class membership that provides First Class members with many extra privileges across the site and assigned existing First Class members to that special user group. You can tell which members financially support this great resource as their user name is in GOLD and they have a special First Class image on their profile page.

Donations of $50 or more places you in the First Class member user group.

I have added a button in the side column of the main Forums List page and at the bottom of the Whats New pages if you would also like to donate towards the running costs of the site, help to keep Recreational Flying (.com) here for all recreational aviators and become a First Class member.

Donation page: https://www.recreationalflying.com/subscriptions/

A huge thank you to every First Class member for your support over the years, you make this great resource available to every recreational aviator.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tillmanr said:

Hi Ian, thanks for your work. Is the for sale,  adverts available somewhere?

Thanks 

Not yet, was waiting for the developer to get back to me regarding an issue

As usual, @Ahmed Zayed has done great work in redesigning the Gallery home pages so I will be working on getting the content sorted out...so now is the time, urgent time, to make any recommendations for the way you want the gallery set up

13 minutes ago, RFguy said:

Looking good. Suggestion  -default view  to be CONDENSED not EXPANDED.

great stuff,

Both the Whats New (Unread) and Whats New (All) are defaulted to Condensed...the site remembers what your last view was, whether it was Condensed or Expanded though