Thruster Parts (Australia)

Captain Beaver

2 hours ago, Thruster88 said:

I will be adding this gorgeous single to my collection. Almost brand new as far as hours. T85,377.

Resized_20211030_092041_6632.jpeg

Resized_20211030_100950_4432.jpeg

Resized_20211030_101004_5856(1).jpeg

What a find.  My big day tomorrow. Going up to pick up my thruster.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SAJ said:

Half your bloody luck, I've got to wait till December to get my Aeropup.

Your T300 is the same color scheme as jackc T300.

Yes. I was happy to pick it up. It does look like jacks.

Wingtech told me it was a standard Thruster colour scheme.  However I was not able to get same due to a shortage of materials for the original colour scheme on the skins I got a couple of weeks ago, before Allan closed down 😞

• Like 1

Picked up the single today, horse floats can be useful 🤔 can't wait to fly it but will get it re registered first, not like the good old days.

A thruster single is about 50lbs heavier than a usa part 103 legal aircraft. 

Resized_20211103_095614_7649.jpeg

Resized_20211103_103715_9438.jpeg

Resized_20211103_113701_9400.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

On 02/11/2021 at 4:26 PM, SAJ said:

Half your bloody luck, I've got to wait till December to get my Aeropup.

Your T300 is the same color scheme as jackc T300.

It WILL be worth waiting for 🙂

A Gemini was written off last Friday.

For some reason the pilot decided to practice ground handling at latrobe valley airport . Anyone in Victoria knows what the wind was like thursday and Friday.  100km plus gusts.  The plane was picked up by the wind and destroyed completely. I did not see any of this but it came from a reliable source.

• Informative 2

1 minute ago, jackc said:

Might not be alive IF he tried to fly that day 😞 

Yes.  He had just fitted the wings after it had been trailered and decided to do some taxi runs. Crazy on a day like that.

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, BrendAn said:

A Gemini was written off last Friday.

For some reason the pilot decided to practice ground handling at latrobe valley airport . Anyone in Victoria knows what the wind was like thursday and Friday.  100km plus gusts.  The plane was picked up by the wind and destroyed completely. I did not see any of this but it came from a reliable source.

I guess it will add to Thrusters unwarranted reputation as a difficult tail dragger and keep prices low for new players to have a go. Flying a Thruster in windy conditions is not a problem, they have good control ability. When the wheels touch the ground it gets more interesting, low time pilots should start in calm conditions and work up.

1 hour ago, Thruster88 said:

I guess it will add to Thrusters unwarranted reputation as a difficult tail dragger and keep prices low for new players to have a go. Flying a Thruster in windy conditions is not a problem, they have good control ability. When the wheels touch the ground it gets more interesting, low time pilots should start in calm conditions and work up.

He never flew it. Just taxied. We had roofs ripped off and even a truck blown on its side that day . I doubt if there is any ultralight that can handle those conditions. It was the Gemini you looked at.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

22 minutes ago, Thruster88 said:

The t85 single cleaned up nicely. Every thing is tight and beautifully engineered. Steve Cohen did a fantastic job with the Thruster.

Resized_20211107_171127_3005.jpeg

Looks great  

1 hour ago, facthunter said:

Was that one ever at Lethbridge?   Nev

I don't think so. Corrowa and Holbrook. My mate has just got one almost the same colour,  not sure of its history.  

• Like 1

IMG20211111123820.thumb.jpg.e834223ae33782574c4c409da66cc61d.jpgDoing a bit of tidying up before she gets aircraft condition inspection. Can't wait to start flying lessons.

Does anyone know if that lady ended up making new thruster skins. I would like to get some made. No luck with sailmakers so far.

Edited by BrendAn