Rats in the roof

Guest osprey5

Guest osprey5

It's 4.00am in NSW and the rats in the roof just woke me up. What an excellent opportunity to say g'day. My mate Dahl put me onto this site. I'm currently in two syndicates flying a Skyfox and a Jabiru out of Maitland and Warnervale. Learnt to fly in Cooranbong which was a brilliant strip until they closed it down. Just got my x-country last year and have only made one trip so far from Warnervale to Gunbower (near Echuca) and my ambition is to get some regular decent trips in. The rats have settled down so I'll go.

Mike.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest osprey5

Hi Big Jim,

Thanks for the welcome and I'd recommend a trip to Echuca anytime. We stayed with a relative at Gunbower but flew to Echuca for the day and had a brilliant time taking a paddle steamer trip up the Murray and sampling wine in one of the local shops.

Mike.

Guest osprey5

Big Jim! - I meant Big Pete - no wonder I can't find new airfields from the air!!!

I'm hoping to make a trip to Tyabb this year and would have to stop off at Echuca again especially if the wife takes enough valium to come with me.

Osprey5

G'Day Mike,

If you need a pick up - to get you and the missus to a coffee shop or whatever to have decent break on your way to Tyabb - then let me know as I'm available most days as I'm semi-retired.

regards

PS This is an open offer to all forum members (YES - EVEN IF YOU FLY A CT).

Guest osprey5

BigPete,

Many thanks for the offer and we'lll be sure to take you up on that. My next x-c will be with a fellow syndicate member to Tumut. I've been very slack lately and to push me along I'll do this trip and get used to the Sydney airspace procedures. Most of my flying has been around the Central Coast and Hunter.

Mike.

Guest osprey5

Hi Mike, congratulations on you x-country. I did my test with Paul as well. I'm off to Tumut either next weekend or the weekend after with a fellow syndicate member but after that I'd love to plan a x-c and you're more than welcome to come along.

Mike H

Hello everyone. I have just landed in this forum and I already feel at home. I too have trained at Cooranbong and Wnvle with Paul. Looking forward to good advice from the pilots here. I am always looking to improve my flying. Waiting on my J160 to be built and then I'll be in the air again.

CAZZA

Hi Mike thanks for the encouragment and your generous offer , It was with my mate James that you went to Echuca and by all accounts you had an interesting time I have also flown with Martyn in the Jab to Temora and Bendigo so Ive had a bit of experience in 3483 Hoping to catch up with you in the not too distant future Happy Flying Mike

Hi Cazza welcome to the forum, you are going to have a lot of fun here as well as plenty of good advice, half your luck living in Temora, give my regards to Carol and Sam I hope to fly back there in the not too distant future Happy flying Mike

Cazza.

Welcome to the forum. I am jealous about living at Temora.

I visited the museum a couple of years ago and it was great. Havn't managed to get down there for a flying weekend yet.

Ian Borg

• 2 months later...
Guest osprey5

Hi Mike,

Only just logged back into this forum. So I've only got 3 X/C's up my sleeve (not counting the training one). That last fiasco to Forster with you, James and Harry was a blast - but that's what contingency plans are for. As the weather deteriates you settle for Old Bar and a meal at the bowling club.

Mike H

Guest osprey5

Old Bar is a great little spot. Make the effort to walk across the field into 'town' and get a bite to eat. Refuel at Taree if needed. They take carnot cards (BP I think - need to check ERSA).

Temora

Does anyone have a contact for Carol at Temora? I met her in the New Year at a friends property at Tilba. At that point I had been unconvinced to taking on flying myself, even though I spend half my life with 'aeros'. She was telling me how much she loved the Gazelle she used to have and I shouldnt let a fear of failure stop me from learning. I did my TIF at Moruya the next day - loved the Gazelle but didnt get to tell her that I am now a student pilot. It would be good to let her know. Di:yin_yan:

Hi Di,

Carol's contact details are listed on page 4 of this month's RA-Aus magazine as [email protected], also shown are her phone numbers and postal address. When you're talking with her maybe you can repay the encouragement she gave you by encouraging her to join and contribute on this forum. From discussions I've had with her and sitting under her seminar talks I believe she would have much of value and quality to contribute ;).

Wouldn't it be great, and appropriate, if all the board members felt at home here as do so many of the RA-Aus members? 018_hug.gif.8f44196246785568c4ba31412287795a.gif

Cheers,

Paul

Hi Di. It's me and I am so pleased that you had a flight and are now a STUDENT PILOT!!!! Congrats and welcome to the RA-Aus family. I am your board member so if you have any questions or just want to chat, send me an email.

carol