Landing Fees

Just out of curiosity, since I have no experience with this, if you fly out of an airport with landing fees (say, Moorabbin, as an example) and you're doing circuits, do you have to pay the fee for every T&G or just the final full stop?

Different airstrips, different rules. Moorabbin seems to charge a daily rate (which I guess means do as much as you like for the day). Jandakot (WA) has landing AND touch & go fees. Check ERSA and websites for aerodromes to work it out.

If only a landing fee is listed, usually you only pay for the full-stop. If there is any confusion in the information provided, contact the AD operator by phone for clarification.

You get bills for being at places where you never were. Other people use your callsign or a typo. Annoying in the extreme, as you get the bill and somehow have to prove it wasn't you. I think if you do an approach at essendon you pay even if you don't land. Any controlled airsace stuff has a charge, ( That's logical) Someone has to be paid to deal with you. Some aerodromes operate on the "honesty" system. Collecting the money is a large part of the cost, so enlightened operators wave the fees if you take on fuel, or get something done there. Nev

Guest Maj Millard

Darks, Are you landing with, or without a damaged elevator and bird debris ?????...............could cost more................Maj...(of course)

• 2 weeks later...

At Moorabbin, Darks, only one charge for each full stop landing, so if you do a session of T &G's and taxi off , instructor bales out and you continue on or shut down and have a break, when you resume there will be another charge after the next full stop landing.. this is fairly normal and if your flying school is trying to charge you a landing charge after each T & G, I would suspect something amiss. 066_naughty.gif.fdb194956812c007d0f5d54e3c692757.gif

A bit off topic but connected. Some (Broken Hill is one) has box to put landing fee in, OR you get bill for a greater amount. Even though R A Aus rego I pay as I feel they are trying to keep costs down even though I probably would not get a bill. Coffee and food availability helps!

Just out of curiosity, since I have no experience with this, if you fly out of an airport with landing fees (say, Moorabbin, as an example) and you're doing circuits, do you have to pay the fee for every T&G or just the final full stop?

Hi Darky

You pay two fees at a controlled airport - Airservices and Aerodrome.

Ring the Operator 03 8587 8000 or your flying school and ask them. Flying Schools using MBN usually have discounted rates.

kaz