Flight from Brunai to Wollongong.

Howdy folks.

Ive been given the job of delivering an aircraft from Brunai (somewhere near malaysia I believe lol).

Im interested in any info that you world travelling experienced pilots can give me.

Piper are organizing some visas and permits etc, but the plan they are working on see's me crossing the aussie coast near Darwin, which would require some lengthy over water hops, and I really hate sharks.....

Anyone done any flying in that part of the world?

Oh, I would really love an inflatable life raft to take aswell (pretty sure its a legal requirement to carry one), does anyone know anyone that may lend me one for the trip.?

The aircraft is a piper sports with a U.S.A rego.

Cheers, any info would be greatly appreciated.

Andy

It's a while, but the islands haven't moved much. The biggest hop is from Timor to Darwin. There are a couple of islands nearer australia. (Bathurst and Melville I think.) that you might track towards. The biggest problem is weather. What I call the inter-tropic convergence zone can make some interesting effects if you have to go through it when it's really active, and you get monsoon rains during the right time of the year for each landmass. you want a good liferaft. I have seen monster saltwater crocks way out in the Timor sea, so it's not just sharks. I would do a fat bit of under the hood flying in case you fly into heavy rain. ( I mean it)Nev

Thanx nev, I was hoping you were about. WX is my biggest concern at this stage. That monsson that smashed qld recently seems to be still very active.

I'll add 'monster crocs' to the list of fraidies now, ta..lol...

Brunai?? Perhaps Brunei, an English protectorate(or was) on the north eastern corner of Borneo. One of my daughters and her husband was stationed there a couple of years back. Lovely country but heaps of tiger country. Last thing you'll want is an engine failure.