What`s Happening???

farri

It's what ultralight flying is all about.

Simple, affordable, pleasurable. An experience that differs to flying in a ga style Aircraft in that you get to see and feel more. It's something that's hard to explain and must be experienced to fully appreciate what it is to be in a drifter.

Thanks for the offer Frank. I just wanted you to know that you are doing a lot for recreational flying.

Thanks again Pete, I appreciate it...I`ve been doing it since the late eighties...Just as a point of interest! Last year I took up backpackers from, Germany, Italy, France, Ireland,England,USA, South Korea and Columbia! All young people looking for something exciting to do in Aus! If flying Ultralights isn`t kept simple, exciting, fun and of course safe,the young guys of today won`t want to do it as there are many other exciting things to do these days.

It's what ultralight flying is all about.Simple, affordable, pleasurable. An experience that differs to flying in a ga style Aircraft .

G`Day Peter, It`s what Ultralight flying should be all about and what those of us who started flying Ultralight`s back in the early day`s of the A.U.F. set out to achieve but I`m not sure that`s what it is these days.

Those of us who started back then are no longer "Spring Chickens" , it`s now up to the younger guys to take recreational flying in the direction they want to go and it appears to me it`s going ever more in line with G.A. and G.A. style aircraft.

Frank.

I flew a Jabiru on Tuesday at Wagga ticking the box for BFR. It is about twice as fast as the rides that I am familiar with. Has flaps and a radio. Traffic was light but there was a BAE Hawk landing as we taxied to the hold point. Instructor said nothing wrong with my flying technique but, being unfamiliar with the a/c, I found that I concentrated mainly upon aviating rather than communicating. I like the Jabby as it flies well and is a fast, efficient and safe plane. I don't fly for transport but I can see that it could be addictive. The rest are: a) Not Australian, b) Tending towards millionaire territory and, c) Haven't demonstrated the crew safety of a Jab.

Keep the weight OFF the nosewheel with the Jab. I don't mind flying them. They teach you to keep it in the slot and there's hardly any plane more easy to look after the Airframe out there. Nev

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Two years ago I had the pleasure of taking Ronald Rook for his first flight in a Drifter! Ronald is an Ultralight pilot, from way back and a J3 Kitten owner...Today  I had the pleasure of taking Ronald`s son, Leonard, for his first flight in an Ultralight! Leonard has flown Gliders and his impression of our flight, " A fabulous experience".

943748350_FlyingLeonard009(Large).thumb.jpg.d82a76119e6b170d7ca7a9c597dbe048.jpg

919119739_RoninDrifter.jpg.dedeaacdddd7e33e1bd2075596af7eca.jpg

Keep em coming Frank, loving them.

G`Day Mark, Thanks!... They keep coming, I`ll keep taking them!... I went up solo this afternoon, at low tide, to take a couple of photos of the sandbars in the mouth of the inlet at Russell Heads, for a couple of locals who use the inlet, I don`t charge and it keeps me in the good books with the locals...To stay as safe as possible, when I`m out over the ocean, I`m at 3500` amsl and I can quite easily glide back to my strip....I love it!

1368231259_Heads010(Large).thumb.jpg.35a305afd710ca50726dce83c1405326.jpg

2069863730_Heads005(Large).thumb.jpg.aa7040beb44bf3b36228ad1492daea11.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
[ATTACH]13094.IPB[/ATTACH] sorry guys here i go again.............[ATTACH]13093.IPB[/ATTACH]

Hi everyone this is what flying ultralights is all about Drifters doing their thing regards tailspin

[ATTACH]13094.IPB[/ATTACH] sorry guys here i go again.............[ATTACH]13093.IPB[/ATTACH]

Hi everyone this is what flying ultralights is all about Drifters doing their thing regards tailspin

G`Day Ron ( Tail Spin ), Is this what you mean?

35058318_10216339399260077_719548657216520192_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0%26oh=f183b3c3a654f069e808c99c705b1c6a%26oe=5B7930F9&key=6c654abb88a1209e3f1473fd33614116666f99c302e2995d659a7c49c0fff7b5

Frank.

Just got back from a solo Croc spotting flight up the Mulgrave River! No Crocs` today but as we have a very low tide I decided to fly out to the heads for a couple more photos of the inlet, for the locals...Someone on here might like them.

1978388533_Heads3(Large).thumb.jpg.0c21596ce7828f26245ea446000dbceb.jpg

1506496582_Heads1(Large).thumb.jpg.2ca3df31c97e5a4a9a55365133e3d298.jpg

1221870701_Heads2(Large).thumb.jpg.0754aa18dcdedf12d59b2dbd46f62e36.jpg

Hi Frank looking at these photos sure has stirred up my flying feelings but have two more weeks with new hip till I am all clear to fly again then will catch up ok Ron

Hi Frank looking at these photos sure has stirred up my flying feelings but have two more weeks with new hip till I am all clear to fly again then will catch up ok Ron

Goodonya Ron! Can`t keep a good man down!!!... Here`s a couple more I took when I took a local friend of mine for a fly along the coast, yesterday.

1036934328_Heads001(Large).thumb.jpg.ae097ab1799b88698255e257bb262014.jpg

Frank.

564586714_Heads008(Large).thumb.jpg.cd53975b1ea97185620238bbd6737525.jpg

1975187764_Heads005(Large).thumb.jpg.09adf9bbc109634d024851651bbf8739.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Great flying! Could you tell me what type camera? Crystal clear here in the U.S. Well done!But!....the music! Ugh. No offense. Just my opinion. If you like it, that's what counts.

Gopro 3.

Always been a fan of Freddie.

• Like 1

Gopro 3.Always been a fan of Freddie.

The irony of the line "gonna make make a supersonic man out of you".....flying a Drifter.008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif Queen = awesome music

Great flying! Could you tell me what type camera? Crystal clear here in the U.S. Well done!But!....the music! Ugh. No offense. Just my opinion. If you like it, that's what counts.

G`Day Bill, The camera is a FujiFilm FinePix 120...I`ve taken the outside lens off it! With the flash on, I get that dark effect on the land...I`ve never tried to add music but I`m now going to work on it.

Beautiful shot Frank! That's what it's all about! Getting Up and especially Away from the noise of Earth.

Yep! For me, it`s what it`s always been about and will continue to be, I have no time for the fun police!

Frank,

Ps, No editing of the photos, straight from the camera!

• Like 1

Gopro 3.Always been a fan of Freddie.

Thanks Blue & glad you didn't take offense at my music comment.

GoPro 3. Fantastic. I use these cheap BuyPower cameras similar to a GoPro but your better quality was noticeable!

The photo of yours was also crystal clear Frank. I used to have a FinePix too, but it finally just broke.

Adding music is easy in a decent editing program. I have four but each one has its own positive & negative qualities. I wish my four could get together & form one great one. Impossible? Yes!

What's maddening is an editing program that does NOT allow you to make changes to the front end of a 30 minute video without freezing the last however many minutes. In other words, if you do so, then all of that in back of the front end change has to be repositioned...i.e. text, music, video inserts, audio add-ons, anything.

G`Day Bill, The camera is a FujiFilm FinePix 120...I`ve taken the outside lens off it! With the flash on, I get that dark effect on the land...I`ve never tried to add music but I`m now going to work on it.

Yep! For me, it`s what it`s always been about and will continue to be, I have no time for the fun police!

Frank,

Ps, No editing of the photos, straight from the camera!

• 3 weeks later...

This afternoon I had a visit from a guy I know, who holds an RAA pilot Certificate and owns his own aircraft! He is refurbishing a Drifter for his Daughter, who trained in an LSA and also holds a pilot certificate! After a good chat with them over a cup of coffee, I offered to take the young lady flying as she hadn`t been up in a Drifter, she accepted and I introduced her to the world of Drifter flying, she even got to see a big Crock on a sandbar in the Mulgrave River, unfortunately, she didn`t want her photo taken.

I also had the pleasure of taking up Bret Robinson, skipper of the vessel, Frankland Islander! The boat is moored in the Mulgrave River, along Ross road, here at Deeral and Bret regularly takes tourists out to the Frankland Islands but this was his first flight in an Ultralight aircraft.

108062327_Bret(Large).jpg.ebf903404a3a61e02b9f8dc25c83c857.jpg

Frank.

• Like 2