He's got to be kidding?!

Got my copy of the magazine today and had a quick browse through it and got to the board election nominees and statements. Well bugger me if there isn't probably the nastiest two faced bit of gear that I've ever had the displeasure to meet espousing his virtues to be elected as an RAA board member for Victoria.

After following his anti RAA antics in his VH-XXX 'nym (among others) on the wrinkled plum for the last couple of years, does he really think that it wouldn't come back to bite him on the bum?

I suppose if there's a position for director of rumour mongering and snide gossip he'll be a perfect fit....

• Like 2

Got my copy of the magazine today and had a quick browse through it and got to the board election nominees and statements. Well bugger me if there isn't probably the nastiest two faced bit of gear that I've ever had the displeasure to meet espousing his virtues to be elected as an RAA board member for Victoria.After following his anti RAA antics in his VH-XXX 'nym (among others) on the wrinkled plum for the last couple of years, does he really think that it wouldn't come back to bite him on the bum?

I suppose if there's a position for director of rumour mongering and snide gossip he'll be a perfect fit....

Well if it is true (I can't comment as I don't follow that site) then exercise your rights and vote to make sure it doesn't happen.

Nick

Are we reading the same website?? Other than an obvious dislike for a board member well known in these parts, I can't recall any particular anti RA statements from the individual concerned. Happy to be corrected, merely my impression from what I've read. Quite what the history of that dispute is I don't know - or need to, but it certainly shouldn't disqualify him from serving on the RA board.

Are we reading the same website?? Other than an obvious dislike for a board member well known in these parts, I can't recall any particular anti RA statements from the individual concerned. Happy to be corrected, merely my impression from what I've read. Quite what the history of that dispute is I don't know - or need to, but it certainly shouldn't disqualify him from serving on the RA board.

Ask around Spin rather than muddy the water

Now if that isn't about the most patronising post I've seen on here.

"Muddying the water" presupposes that I have an agenda in the discussion, I don't other than to question quite what earned the individual concerned the dubious honour of being the target of ahlocks invective. Poor form, quite frankly.

• Like 1

Now if that isn't about the most patronising post I've seen on here."Muddying the water" presupposes that I have an agenda in the discussion, I don't other than to question quite what earned the individual concerned the dubious honour of being the target of ahlocks invective. Poor form, quite frankly.

No agenda personally either (don't have RAA membership) but if someone has posted something on an open forum somewhere else, then surely it is reasonable to put up a link to discuss?

OK Spin

Now if that isn't about the most patronising post I've seen on here."Muddying the water" presupposes that I have an agenda in the discussion, I don't other than to question quite what earned the individual concerned the dubious honour of being the target of ahlocks invective. Poor form, quite frankly.

I would very strongly, very strongly suggest you PM Ahlocks.

Guest davidh10
I was dismayed that only one members statement to my knowledge even mentioned a need for more open and accountable governance in any form...

...and one talked only about himself, plus a couple of motherhood statements!

Another however many posts since I posed the question and all we have is ever more obscure references - man up fellas, if the individual concerned is so dangerous to our future wellbeing then I think we need to know about it. I don't see the need to cloak it all in secrecy; ahlocks and apparently several others have issues with the man, rightfully or wrongly (?) I don't know any of you other than as names on the forum so am not in a position to judge. All I know of him is that he is one of the few on the elderly plum to ever mention RA other than in disparaging terms - maybe I missed something and as I said at the outset I'm willing to be corrected. Whispering behind hands isn't going to do it though.

... maybe I missed something and as I said at the outset I'm willing to be corrected. Whispering behind hands isn't going to do it though.

Yeah Spin, you have missed a hell of a lot of what has been going on.

A bit of background first. The thing about too good to be true punters is that they seem to be compelled to remind people of how good they think they are and how incompetent everybody else is. Another common trait appears to be an inane desire to tell fanciful tales in numerous places and lose track of which part of the tale has been told where. I find these sort of people fascinating and am curious of what it is that makes them tick.

It took a little while to link the stories to the one person and follow up on all the little markers that he left behind in his charade. When I met him face to face a while ago, I casually asked if he has much to do with Pprune. His reaction was like watching one of the kids trying to act innocent when asked “who pinched the last chocolate biscuit?” Yep, VHXXX is our Brenty alright.

Ok, different strokes for different folks, no harm really being done, so who cares? But then he started getting malicious.

In 2009 there were threads running hot on here and Pprune about Narromine, Wide Bay and the CTA entry rejection being announced - Nothing unusual about that. Sure as god made little green apples, our now identified Brenty would post one version of a story on here, and then another suitably embellished version of the story on the other. When he got called as a bullsh!t artist by several of our forum members on here and over there, he got the irrits and “left the building.” So no Don, no he wasn’t banned from this forum. He left of his own volition.

A couple of PMs were exchanged at the time and he was made aware that his alter egos were blown on Pprune and an agreement was reached that if he laid off with the malicious stuff, that information would remain discrete. Unable to keep his word, he has since set his fangs into pretty much any RAA certificate holder, several of our forum members and of course the usual stuff about the forum owner. When he is challenged about his ‘facts’, his posts mysteriously disappear. Oddly enough, the one where he denies being an RAA member is still there. (You’ll have to search for it yourself though. If a link is posted, he’ll just delete or alter it like he usually does when he gets caught out).

So Spin, that’s why reading his election statement was just a little bit too hard to swallow. Clearer?

Guys, I always get into trouble for posting but that won't stop me...as I keep saying, there are only 2 people banned from the site, currently there is also 1 x 30 day suspension but there are only 2 banned people. Brentc or as known on the shriveled up fruit VH-XXX and many other pretend names, asked to have his site membership removed which was, like with anyone else, complied with.

From that moment he has done nothing but bad mouth the RAAus and viciously attacked this site and me personally with all kinds of lies and inuendo...in many cases his threads on the fruit were deleted by their moderators.

He stood for election once before and as he then said...he did it for a joke.

Running this site will naturally cause me to have many enemies, abusive phone calls, disgusting and vicious emails, attacking my family, rubbishing my name...evening pretending to be me and cause trouble, people who don't like following the site rules or being shown up for what they really are and yes, I take it personally but for every 1 enemy I get, I get 10 or 100 or 1,000 others who tell me they benefit from what this site provides them and for what I do. So I personally see Brent Christensen for what he really is and his past.

When I was getting harrassed by extremely disturbing emails, the Police found out and reported to me that Coates was sending emails to Christensen who would then go to an Internet Cafe and forward them on to me...trying to be anonymous. When caught out by the Police, Christensen phoned me almost in tears and felt he could make it right with money...he gave $250 to a fund we had at the time for student pilots that this site was running.

He obviously did not learn from that as he embarked on a continued slander attack on me personally and this site on the shriveled up fruit.

I will always stand up for what I believe in and as I said it does make enemies but being on the board I have brought to your attention, the attention of the members who OWN the Association, the many things that are continually going on and even to the point where some board members themselves have tried everything to squash me personally and for the members knowing what is actually going on.

I take comfort in the famous saying:

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Now back to the banning, Coates and R otec are the only banned people from this site. However, Coates has been quiet in his attacking and slander so if this continues then perhaps that ban will be lifted come Christmas time and he can return to the site with limitations if he chooses to...that's up to him. On the other hand R otec continues to attack me, this site and all the users on it behind the scenes even recently demanding that I be thrown out of the RAAus with several letters to the board and posts made in other forums for "bringing the RAAus in to disrepute" because I, in the Recreational Flying shop, refused to serve him at NatFly due to the 30 odd page complaint he sent to CASA about me, this site and the users on it.

I will leave you with just another one of the types of emails I continually receive (sender name withdrwan):

Note: this is about the Australian site that has the message printed across the top and if attitude is given, then attitude is returned and when I received this I was burning the candle at both ends to bring you the extra Pilot Tools for you to use

your new site is cr@p!

What was wrong with the old one?

Will not recognise me as member.

Will not recognise the correct answer to random questioin

How many members have you lost over this site?

I am trying to insert something into the calendar.

Hoipelessw!Hopeless! Hopeless!!!

My Reply:

your new site is cr@p!

- it is just as cr@p as your eyesite - can't you read the sign across the top of the Australian site

Just another day in the running of the Recreational Flying website...the greatest resource that you all have created for ALL recreational aviators :big_grin:

In Victoria I am voting with only a 1 and 2 for William Cain and Lorraine MacGillivray.

You Victorians, get on to Bill and Lorraine and tell them to get on here and let us meet them

Guest GraemeM
Guys, I always get into trouble for posting but that won't stop me...as I keep saying, there are only 2 people banned from the site, currently there is also 1 x 30 day suspension but there are only 2 banned people. Brentc or as known on the shriveled up fruit VH-XXX and many other pretend names, asked to have his site membership removed which was, like with anyone else, complied with.From that moment he has done nothing but bad mouth the RAAus and viciously attacked this site and me personally with all kinds of lies and inuendo...in many cases his threads on the fruit were deleted by their moderators.

He stood for election once before and as he then said...he did it for a joke.

Running this site will naturally cause me to have many enemies, abusive phone calls, disgusting and vicious emails, attacking my family, rubbishing my name...evening pretending to be me and cause trouble, people who don't like following the site rules or being shown up for what they really are and yes, I take it personally but for every 1 enemy I get, I get 10 or 100 or 1,000 others who tell me they benefit from what this site provides them and for what I do. So I personally see Brent Christensen for what he really is and his past.

When I was getting harrassed by extremely disturbing emails, the Police found out and reported to me that Coates was sending emails to Christensen who would then go to an Internet Cafe and forward them on to me...trying to be anonymous. When caught out by the Police, Christensen phoned me almost in tears and felt he could make it right with money...he gave $250 to a fund we had at the time for student pilots that this site was running.

He obviously did not learn from that as he embarked on a continued slander attack on me personally and this site on the shriveled up fruit.

I will always stand up for what I believe in and as I said it does make enemies but being on the board I have brought to your attention, the attention of the members who OWN the Association, the many things that are continually going on and even to the point where some board members themselves have tried everything to squash me personally and for the members knowing what is actually going on.

I take comfort in the famous saying:

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Now back to the banning, Coates and R otec are the only banned people from this site. However, Coates has been quiet in his attacking and slander so if this continues then perhaps that ban will be lifted come Christmas time and he can return to the site with limitations if he chooses to...that's up to him. On the other hand R otec continues to attack me, this site and all the users on it behind the scenes even recently demanding that I be thrown out of the RAAus with several letters to the board and posts made in other forums for "bringing the RAAus in to disrepute" because I, in the Recreational Flying shop, refused to serve him at NatFly due to the 30 odd page complaint he sent to CASA about me, this site and the users on it.

I will leave you with just another one of the types of emails I continually receive (sender name withdrwan):

Note: this is about the Australian site that has the message printed across the top and if attitude is given, then attitude is returned and when I received this I was burning the candle at both ends to bring you the extra Pilot Tools for you to use

your new site is cr@p!

What was wrong with the old one?

Will not recognise me as member.

Will not recognise the correct answer to random questioin

How many members have you lost over this site?

I am trying to insert something into the calendar.

Hoipelessw!Hopeless! Hopeless!!!

My Reply:

your new site is cr@p!

- it is just as cr@p as your eyesite - can't you read the sign across the top of the Australian site

Just another day in the running of the Recreational Flying website...the greatest resource that you all have created for ALL recreational aviators :big_grin:

Hi Ian, Thankyou very much for your thoughtful and informative post above.

I had no idea what was being talked about but am now all the more wiser, thank you.

This site is an absolute credit to you and others involved, there is a wealth of knowledge here if I am open to learning.

Graeme.