Most Famous RAAus Person

Admin

With the RAAus having around 10,000 members, I am sure that just by the law of averages that there must be at least one famous person, a person that is in the limelight, that is an RAAus member.

Do you know of anyone that fits this bill?

Please, no thread drift, no smart alec comments...it is something that I need to know for an idea that I have...thanks

There is that Trumpet dude... James Morrison... If I recall a few years ago at least he used to fly a Drifter.

Certainly is or was a year or two ago.He got checked out in Paul Turners Savage Cub at Boonah.

Wayne, Dick Smith has both a two stroke and four stroke Airborne Edge.

I believe he has a Scout tucked away in his hanger somewhere too?

I'm friends with James Morrison on FaceBook, so I decided to ask him.

Yep, he's still a member of RAAus, but doesn't get to fly the Drifter as often as he'd like! (Too busy flying his beautiful Cirrus, I guess!003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif)

Ian Moss from Cold Chisel.I watch Top gear Australia a year or so ago and Ian landed at the Airport to do the "Star in a resonably priced car " in a SportStar RAA Registered.He was Solo.

Yes, Ian Moss trained at a combined RA/GA school and I believe he migrated to a PPL from a Pilot Cert. So at least he has been a member and may still be.

"Wouldn't Alan jones be a great ambassador for the sport?"Good grief FT, I hope you speak in jest!

If he's in I'm out!

Depends on which Alan Jones you're talking about. Imagine an F1 driver in a Drifter 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

I put a post up on Facebook about a Russian Mig Ultralight... Ozzie from this sight commented that he knew of at least one in Australia in the 1980's... Part of the Kerry Packer collection... it got me thinking and I remember seeing a Quicksilver GT500 advertised somewhere with very low hours... ex Kerry Packer... and Ozzie pointed out that he put a Lazair together for him back then too... I am hoping that Ozzie will start a thread on Packer and his Ultralights because this is fascinating... I can imagine a shed somewhere full of pristine ultralights just waiting to be discovered!!!