User Title Increment Suggestions

Admin

Currently the user Title that is shown under your name with posts are based on a table of increments:

zzz1.jpg.95e29ca83116a0a6c642713b01c2851f.jpg

I would like to ask you, the users, to come up with a title and increment value that we could use here. The increments are based on Trophy Points with the Trophies being:

zzz2.jpg.3c4e125a9a630563793dc3dd9b15ee8a.jpg

So here is your opportunity to help set the site User Titles and Trophies up to one that you would like...tell me what you think they should be...some time ago we use to use the Australian Air Force Ranks, there is one suggestion...what others are there?

The old RAAF ranks, as it was when I first joined the forum, was a nice touch although it did cross my mind several times as to why military ranks were used on a recreational flying site.

Ian, I'm happy with the current system ...although I wouldn't be against a bit of fine tuning.

I going swim against the tide here, I vote we lose the lot. Rather award honorary titles or auction them off if you really must have something; I can think of several candidates for "G.O.B", not to mention "Aeronautical Motormouth" A post count is customary on forums, although hardly a reliable measure of quality. Likes - I guess they have their uses, but a bit social media for my taste and the trophy points are well....pointless (?) Title - follows the postcount for the most part and is equally pointless i.m.o. I found the previous info which included location and airfield(s) interesting and useful.

• Like 3

Guest Andys@coffs
I going swim against the tide here, I vote we lose the lot. Rather award honorary titles or auction them off if you really must have something; I can think of several candidates for "G.O.B", not to mention "Aeronautical Motormouth" A post count is customary on forums, although hardly a reliable measure of quality. Likes - I guess they have their uses, but a bit social media for my taste and the trophy points are well....pointless (?) Title - follows the postcount for the most part and is equally pointless i.m.o. I found the previous info which included location and airfield(s) interesting and useful.

I agree with Spin that a measure of quality over quantity is desirable. I can name a few where quantity is fatastic, but quality....couldn't sell the lot at the local $2 shop even for a discount.

Be good if we could award STFU points to those that havent understood the adage better to remain quite and thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt.....

Who knows I may even collect a few of those myself :oh yeah:Likes, Im less attached to, again it seems the qantity over quality gang all seem to like each others fantasies posts.....sort of eggs them on........

I wonder as a user, if I dont want to see a post from X ever again, can I do that?

Andy

Both the points about ignoring a user and extra profile fields like Airfield etc are coming with the next forum software update.

First Class Members can put what ever they want there as an extra feature for them to say thank you for being a First Class Member

I disagree 100% with being able to block anyone's posts from showing... If you don't like it just don't look.

It will come with the next update and I could I suppose turn the feature off but let's look at that when it becomes available

I disagree 100% with being able to block anyone's posts from showing... If you don't like it just don't look.

I 100% agree with W68 on this:

I mean, therefore, that I disagree 100% with being able to block other's posts from showing ...or being able to give other's posts demerit points or similar. Such a function would bring in an air of negativity that this forum does not need.

• Like 1

Guest Andys@coffs
I 100% agree with W68 on this:I mean, therefore, that I disagree 100% with being able to block other's posts from showing ...or being able to give other's posts demerit points or similar. Such a function would bring in an air of negativity that this forum does not need.

Im not suggesting that I have the ability to hide posts from user X to all, just for my view.... If X annoys me why shouldnt I be allowed to hide his posts in my personal view. It affects no one but me and helps me keep my urges to shout to the world that X is a <RUDE WORD> under control. better for all concerned.... Perhaps in your stats you could see that 5% of users do not wabnt to see your posts...perhaps when that number get upwards of 80% you might then do a bit of naval gazing to try and work out wether you can clean up your act...or do the japanese sword thing....either being acceptable

the STFU awards become completely un-necessary if I can do the above. <Tongue in cheek mode> Although while being negative perhaps we can become a bit bigbrotha-ish and vote them off:thumb_down: 073_bye.gif.391d1ddfcbfb3d5f69a5d3854c2b0a02.gif then the negativity is all gone :big_grin:as is the cause of the issue.... </tongue in cheek mode >

Im not suggesting that I have the ability to hide posts from user X to all, just for my view.... If X annoys me why shouldnt I be allowed to hide his posts in my personal view. It affects no one but me and helps me keep my urges to shout to the world that X is a <RUDE WORD> under control. better for all concerned.... Perhaps in your stats you could see that 5% of users do not wabnt to see your posts...perhaps when that number get upwards of 80% you might then do a bit of naval gazing to try and work out wether you can clean up your act...or do the japanese sword thing....either being acceptablethe STFU awards become completely un-necessary if I can do the above. <Tongue in cheek mode> Although while being negative perhaps we can become a bit bigbrotha-ish and vote them off:thumb_down: 073_bye.gif.391d1ddfcbfb3d5f69a5d3854c2b0a02.gif then the negativity is all gone :big_grin:as is the cause of the issue.... </tongue in cheek mode >

Why Andy? Because this site is not PPRUNE... lol

Location and Aircraft have always been available for you to add it in and your location that is displayed in your details beside your posts is a Google Map link so clicking on it will open a Google map of the location that you have entered...all you have to do is simply add your location in your settings.

Have a look at the bottom field on the left of this post

I liked the RAAF rankings as well. If we wanted to get away from the military connection we could use the commercial sector rankings all the way to CEO. Ugh no that remoinds of a sorten Oirish head honcho. Perhaps a few starting from something like "paper dart pilot" up to "total rec flying tragic". I'm no good at this sort of thing but I'm sure someone out there can come up with some good titles.

• Like 1

Guest GraemeM

I had not even noticed the user title until now, I guess it has some relevance and importance.

I try to learn from everyone post's, that why I come here.

Graeme.

My week point is speeling and a spell cheekar wood be grate.

I liked the RAAF rankings as well. If we wanted to get away from the military connection we could use the commercial sector rankings all the way to CEO. Ugh no that remoinds of a sorten Oirish head honcho. Perhaps a few starting from something like "paper dart pilot" up to "total rec flying tragic". I'm no good at this sort of thing but I'm sure someone out there can come up with some good titles.

This is a good idea...as you say, just need to come up with good titles and a criteria of when they get applied

This is a good idea...as you say, just need to come up with good titles and a criteria of when they get applied

Why don't we all throw a few titles into the hat and collectively see what we can come up with.

I promise not to come up with humourus ones.

Alan Marriette.