Three exit a plane?

Spriteah

I saw an interesting bit of aviating on the weekend. At a toy run a 24-XXXX plane flew into the event, parked near the tower and about 50 people watch a guy, a girl and then a toddler exit the plane.

Not the smartest idea I would think as it was a CASA employee who was running the unicom from the tower. Would not surprise me if the pilot receives a please explain in the mail.

Good luck!

I can't even remember the rules regarding this sort of thing for RAA, I know it's perfectly okay in GA. As long as you abide by the procedures for it.

I wouldn't be surprised if the liability insurance for RAA doesn't cover any more than 2 occupants, plus anyone else unfortunate enough to get in the way on the outside of the aircraft. Don't know about policies about it, but I wouldn't like to bet on any insurance cover at least.

I can't even remember the rules regarding this sort of thing for RAA, I know it's perfectly okay in GA. As long as you abide by the procedures for it.

Come on Tomo .. you know that RAA is Pilot + 1 PAX max. Not two seats with two kids on one seat and pilot on the other.

What he did was veeerrry naughty.

Quite a few years ago, I took my mrs and my young (toddler son) in a jab up to maitland. I quizzed the CFI of the school as to the legalitys, he produced the CAO's that allowed 2 people on a seat provided the combined weight was not in excess of 77 KG's. It was dual RAA GA school. The chief authorized the flight and off we went..

My Mrs filmed the landing and I put it up on youtube.. I was then promply innundated with emails, pointing out just how illegal it was.

So, yes in GA 2 people can occupy one seat, but NOT in ANY RAA acft...

(a long time ago, i saw a dude rock into a fly-in in a lightwing, with the mrs and 2 small boys...They were riding in the baggage area...;)

• Like 1

Come on Tomo .. you know that RAA is Pilot + 1 PAX max. Not two seats with two kids on one seat and pilot on the other.

Yeah well I kinda thought that, but it's been a while since I've read the RAA book of rules regarding that sort of thing... it's hard work keeping up with both the GA and RAA world! 062_book.gif.f66253742d25e17391c5980536af74da.gif

Now which aircraft am I flying... poke_tongue_out.gif.5a7d1a1d57bd049bd5fb0f49bf1777a8.gif

• Like 1

Guest Howard Hughes

It concerns me that people are flying around not knowing (or ignoring) the most basic of rules, what else don't they know (ignore)? I'm not even an RAA licensed pilot yet (just a groupie), but I'm fairly sure I know what it says!

It concerns me that people are flying around not knowing (or ignoring) the most basic of rules, what else don't they know (ignore)? I'm not even an RAA licensed pilot yet (just a groupie), but I'm fairly sure I know what it says!

This is true, I reckon people come across from GA and assuming the same rules apply and they get bitten. Not sure if that's out of ignorance, or just 'she'll be right'. I'll be honest, I didn't know the exact (vaguely did, but not confident) answer for it at first, but I would certainly not do it unless I had an exact answer to what I was going to do.

G'day HH. I think that normally what happens is people get confused and loose interest straight away when ever anyone talks about reg's etc. And lets face it, the current system of AIP, CAO, CAR, CAAP is not a very efficient way to organise it all.

But having said that, the RAA ops manual and technical manual are relatively easy documents to get on top of.

90% of people just ask or wait for someone to tell them what the rules are..;) In my case above this is certainly what happend.

I do believe that it is a requirement to placard RAA acft with "max two people" etc...not sure, but think thats the case.

Guest Howard Hughes

Been looking for the reference all afternoon, in between wrangling the billie lids, I'm sure I'll find it eventually.

Yeah well I kinda thought that, but it's been a while since I've read the RAA book of rules regarding that sort of thing... it's hard work keeping up with both the GA and RAA world! 062_book.gif.f66253742d25e17391c5980536af74da.gifNow which aircraft am I flying... poke_tongue_out.gif.5a7d1a1d57bd049bd5fb0f49bf1777a8.gif

Geez you REALLY know you're getting old when you start reading about Tomo losing recency.

• Like 3

Have you ever noticed how some words just don't feel nice to say? I reckon certificated is one of them... But it beats being certified... insane.gif.b56be3c4390e84bce5e5e6bf4f69a458.gif

Beats being crucified, too! Which is what will happen if CASA or the Ops Mngr gets involved.

kaz

Guest davidh10
.. what else don't they know (ignore)?..

Weather reports, NOTAMS, closed runways, weight limits on runways / taxiways, restricted areas, landing over the top of aircraft already on the runway, inaccurate radio calls or none at all.... the list goes on!

Three people on board??? What if your passenger was a female nearly nine months pregnant and carrying twins??111_oops.gif.41a64bb245dc25cbc7efb50b743e8a29.gif

If you had a fatal accident would that be two deaths or four ?

We all know the answer of course but it is interesting nevertheless.

Alan the ponderer.