HI!

Flygirltam

Hey FT!! Welcome along... 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

G'day Tam, welcome to the site... I'm guessing young Tomo's out flying again... 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif 017_happy_dance.gif.8a199466e9bd67cc25ecc8b442db76ba.gif 025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif

015_yelrotflmao.gif.6321765c1c50ed62b69cf7a7fe730c49.gif Yeah, been out... working though, not flying 086_gaah.gif.afc514336d60d84c9b8d73d18c3ca02d.gif

Hi flygirl, tell us more about what you fly and internode airshow, you and studentbiggles must have a few stories to tell, look forward to hearing a few.

Hi everyone! Wow what a nice welcome 101_thank_you.gif.0bf9113ab8c9fe9c7ebb42709fda3359.gif

Yeah I am sure Student Biggles & I would have a few funny AWPA stories to tell that is for sure! Currently I am flying C172sp models, and am doing my aerobatic/ tail wheel rating in a super decathlon. The Inernode Parafield Airshow is my other passion at the moment. I have been the main organiser of the event, which is happening on 25th March 2012. www.parafieldairshow.com.au & if you want to purchase tickets at the reduced rate www.proticket.com.au

So far I have a few exciting things on the flying program, Chris Sperou will do aero's in his super stinker, Jeff Trappett is bringing his P51 Mustang, Mark Pracy from Pracy racing is bringing his L39 jet (mark came 6th in Reno representing Aus this year) Jim Wickham is bringing his awesome Yak9, James Edwards is bringing his S211 Jet, we have loads of warbirds, antique and RA aircraft, parachuting, a paraglider who will do aerobatics when we drop him out of a chopper, I have also secured the full Aust Defence approval, so will wait and see what the defence will provide us, but seeing as Edinburgh airbase is only a couple of miles away, I am hoping we get HEAPS of cool stuff!. The Roulettes are also expected to attend. I cant give everything away, so you will all just have to attend and see what exciting things will happen on the day!

All money raised from the day is going back to local aviation museums, charities and also a flight scholarship program. We intend to run the event every 2 years. If you want to fly in on the day you can get all information from the web site, and feel free to register online to receive updates and also be first to know whats going on with promotions etc.

Hope that has covered it all, but if anyone has any questions, feel free to send me an email [email protected]

:)

• Like 3

Hi everyone, I am new to this site, have been recommended to visit from Student Biggles ;)looking forward to chatting with you all about aviation!

Hi Flygirltam and 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif.

I`m always happy to chat. Chat away.

Cheers,

Frank. 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

Guest Kevin the Penniless
Hi Doug,I am training at Parafield. Hoping the airshow will be fantastic, we have had alot of support!

When turning onto final for 21R beep your horn as you will be over my house, assuming a good circuit.

There's a few AWPA members on here, me being one. Any interest in Ian's suggestion for an AWPA forum?(AWPA = Australian Women Pilots Association)

If you girls want to discuss stuff other than flying, surely a PM would suffice rather than a whole seperate forum. This site is dedicated to flying... not gender!

Also, girls can bring a whole different perspective to a thread... (ie. emotion) :hide:lol 073_bye.gif.391d1ddfcbfb3d5f69a5d3854c2b0a02.gif

(I'm in trouble now....)

Hi everyone....

Hi Tam

You are very welcome here. We are all sorts with all sorts of flying backgrounds and it's a nice place to be with lots of good info swapping and a bit of hangar talk as well.

I see you have done a bit in the Grob as well as the Decathlon. Any thoughts on the relative features of each? DJP contributes to the discussions on aeros as do a number of others so we look forward to hearing about your prowess.

My Auster isn't really built for aerobatics but it does keep you honest as every landing is a bit of a challenge (at least it is for me). It has an O-320 Lycoming (160hp) and gets along at 100 kn TAS. It glides better than the Decathlon and doesn't want to set down on a hot day even though the barn doors are open. Max demonstrated xw is 9 kn. My longest trip so far was a 3500 mini-odyssey arounf the Centre 2 years ago.

Hope you and some of the other ladies who have made you welcome will tell us more about what they are doing. And look out for Thomo... he just changed his avatar!!! giggle.gif.9fbf2613564ad555277246f6add2d17e.gifgiggle.gif.ad1278a6733e2c87a6f26c6d477d449a.gif

kaz

• Like 2

Remember that I am bigger than Matt!

This is true... blink.gif.7ee21b69ed31ab2b1903acc52ec4cc3f.gif Well you could rattle on down in a Pitts I suppose and show 'em all how it's done! drive.gif.1181dd90fe7c8032bdf2550324f37d56.gif

And look out for Thomo... he just changed his avatar!!! giggle.gif.9fbf2613564ad555277246f6add2d17e.gifgiggle.gif.ad1278a6733e2c87a6f26c6d477d449a.gif 

kaz

What Have I done now? 042_hide.gif.f5e8fb1d85d95ffa63d9b5a325bf422e.gif poke_tongue_out.gif.5a7d1a1d57bd049bd5fb0f49bf1777a8.gif

• Like 2

If you girls want to discuss stuff other than flying, surely a PM would suffice rather than a whole seperate forum. This site is dedicated to flying... not gender!Also, girls can bring a whole different perspective to a thread... (ie. emotion) :hide:lol 073_bye.gif.391d1ddfcbfb3d5f69a5d3854c2b0a02.gif

(I'm in trouble now....)

av8vfr,

I agree with you on that one - women do bring another perspective. Disclaimer: (while I am female I have worked in all male environments so long that I have lost touch with my girly side). The object is not to cloister ourselves away.

I think what Ian is offering is a good idea and a logical extension of the way the site is headed. AWPA is a national club with State chapters. While the local Aero Club can meet face to face in a hangar, our members are spread far and wide. It is an active club with a national conference, monthly activities (fly-ins, tour of the tower, CASA talk etc), schools & careers programs and a range of scholarships, awards etc most of which need organising and promoting. Some, if not more, are open to men too. AWPA has had about 5,000 members through the time I have been a member and a quick count in the members' directory, about 600 now. Discrimination on gender has all but gone now, but there's still a big job to encourage women and girls to try flying.

An AWPA forum wouldn't be a female only discussion of flying, but a place for us to announce up coming incentives, call for volunteers for the conferences, applications for scholarships, spare seats to meetings, ask for ideas for future talks, heads-up on tours etc. Our website lacks the facilities like chat, forum, PMs which this site does well. As the site is evolving into more than just an RAAus discussion board there is a place for similarly geographically spread clubs to take advantage of it. When you think of it, AWPA is just a "special interest" Club like RAAus, AOPA, EAA, Warbirds (AWAL). AWPA was challenged on admitting men, but once some of the scholarships were opened to all genders and getting a flying job became easier, the interest fell off sharply. Some Awards go begging because no suitable candidate applied. If we can get the info on a public forum, this should change. My thanks to Ian for offering this, and no doubt other clubs will take advantage of it once the benefits are realised and this site will truely become a tool for everyone, world wide, in aviation.

Ian/mods - if you think this should be moved to a new thread - feel free.

099_off_topic.gif.20188a5321221476a2fad1197804b380.gif

Sue

Member:

AWPA, AOPA, RAA, EAA

3 x Aero Clubs

• Like 2

If you girls want to discuss stuff other than flying, surely a PM would suffice rather than a whole seperate forum. This site is dedicated to flying... not gender!Also, girls can bring a whole different perspective to a thread... (ie. emotion) :hide:lol 073_bye.gif.391d1ddfcbfb3d5f69a5d3854c2b0a02.gif

(I'm in trouble now....)

Totally agree Av8. We dont need a separate forum just for girls, but it does make it more fun to stir you blokes up!

085_blah_blah.gif.5dd1f55e9e017c1ed039995789e61c55.gif

But what Sue is saying is totally correct about AWPA, most of our gatherings have more men than women in attendance, this just shows how much more we need to encourage women to try flying.

I think anything that anything we can do to promote aviation in general to all is fantastic! 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

• Like 3