Centrelink Fairy

Ben Longden

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL!!! Having been personally involved with refugees I know this is so true. Perhaps somebody can explain why so many 'refugees' who settle in Australia claiming they will be killed if they are sent home, return to their homelands on numerous occasions to conduct business, attend weddings, funerals etc. Still, not having kids or grand kids, I don't have to worry about what language/religion the coming generations have.

But this is not a case of political correctness but essentially a case of villification. I mean get real... the kids still celebrate Christmas at school, fairy penguins still waddle around at Seaworld but its not right to villify anyone based upon untruths.

O.K. - I think you should be able to see for yourself the ones that are bleating to have the thread deleted and trying to howl down anyone who doesn't agree with their fantasies... they oppose free speech except for their own.

HTC the Greens are the old Communist party re-named; case in point the 'free' university you mentioned which simply means taking other peoples money away from them to give to a select few. Nothing government provided is ever free.

• Like 1

Guest Andys@coffs
Its cool Dazz... I don't have a problem with shooting bad ass criminals... just gotta define who the real criminals are... lol

Yeah me either....just as soon as they work out how to undo it when suddenly it comes to light that they werent just saying they were innocent, but that they really were...... Our judicial process is a set of best compromises it is not perfect and it doesnt always get it right. Its basically made up of humans so surely the fact that it can and does get it wrong should be self evident?

Andy

Guest Andys@coffs

My take on the whole immigration thing:-

1) I was borm here, What did I do to luck out in the country thing......Nothing it just happened.

2) What did I do to suddenly cement my rights to Australia more than anyone else in the world? Nothing

3) Why do people ask that a refugee who was brought up in another culture throw away that entire culture? I dont understand it. Why must any refugee try to be a clone of a good white Aussie? Can they in any event ever succeed and be accepted as a good white Aussie...The very thought is insanity.

4) Understand and accept that no matter what your culture your kids will have a different one that mirrors the country / local environment they were brought up in. If we ostrasize and force them all together as a result of racial profiling or plain old apathy rather than welcoming them into our country this step may take multiple generations. This doesnt sit well with people used to instant gratification!

5) I wonder if the many people that choose to hate those of a different culture have ever worked with them. I work with Indians and Vietnamese professional people and can say they are an absolute benefit to the Company I work in and add to the richness of Australian life. Ironically some of the Vietnamese people are 2nd generation and in a dark room with the lights turned out to hear them speak you would have zero knowledge that they were of vietnamese background. 1st generation imigrants have different cultural drivers which mean that you may get a different result than expected in some circumstances. Instead of calling then crazy or unpredictable try and understand what it is about their culture than produced the outcome that you saw

Bottom line is that I dont understand what it is that entitles me as a traditional white Australian to exclusive rights within Australia. Those that can be bothered, no matter what path taken, to get to Australia are probably showing "get up and go" and it seems to me that we need more of that not less.

Andy

My take on the whole immigration thing:1) I was borm here, What did I do to luck out in the country thing......Nothing it just happened.

If you aren't prepared to protect it you wont have it for long, nor will your children

2) What did I do to suddenly cement my rights to Australia more than anyone else in the world? Nothing

Perhaps you should do something (you probably already are). I work hard on our dairy farm employing others and producing product for export helping to keep our trade deficit from getting out of hand and keeping the business viable so we can employ other Australians.

If you don't think this is worthwhile have a look how the Greeks are traveling at the moment

3) Why do people ask that a refugee who was brought up in another culture throw away that entire culture? I dont understand it. Why must any refugee try to be a clone of a good white Aussie? Can they in any event ever succeed and be accepted as a good white Aussie...The very thought is insanity.

Why should I learn another language or pay for multi lingual signs because jonny come lately doesn't want to do what we do when clearly our way must be better or they wouldn't have come here

4) Understand and accept that no matter what your culture your kids will have a different one that mirrors the country / local environment they were brought up in. If we ostrasize and force them all together as a result of racial profiling or plain old apathy rather than welcoming them into our country this step may take multiple generations. This doesnt sit well with people used to instant gratification!

Happy wit that as long as they come in the front door!

5) I wonder if the many people that choose to hate those of a different culture have ever worked with them. I work with Indians and Vietnamese professional people and can say they are an absolute benefit to the Company I work in and add to the richness of Australian life. Ironically some of the Vietnamese people are 2nd generation and in a dark room with the lights turned out to hear them speak you would have zero knowledge that they were of vietnamese background. 1st generation imigrants have different cultural drivers which mean that you may get a different result than expected in some circumstances. Instead of calling then crazy or unpredictable try and understand what it is about their culture than produced the outcome that you saw

Why do people insist that just because we want a person from another race/culture to live by Australian rules in Australia we must hate them or we are racist, I don't think there would be many other countries that would tolerate it

Bottom line is that I dont understand what it is that entitles me as a traditional white Australian to exclusive rights within Australia.

An easy feel good thing to say, a bit like saying that if you won tatslotto you would leave the money out the front for anyone to take because really you where just lucky. I'm thinking you probably would bank it though.

Those that can be bothered, no matter what path taken, to get to Australia are probably showing "get up and go" and it seems to me that we need more of that not less.

Agree, some of us need a kick in the pants, but I think that should be done by government providing incentive to work and invest and disincentives for those who wait for a handout.

Just my $2 worth (sorry I cant work out how to split the quotes like some do)

Andy

Regards Bill

• Like 1

On a serious note.Andy is correct of course.The shooting criminals was just a tongue in cheek thing.We do have to do something about people drowning in these unseaworthy.

This has realy become a hot potato.Last week 900 people drowned in the phillipines in floods.It hardly made the news.

Winsor - "Because ignorance is not OK. GET IT!" Who the hell are you to tell me what I should or shouldn't think? I haven't expressed an opinion on this debate so you have no idea what I think about immigration! What I object to is someone trying to jam their opinion down someone else's throat. I quite like the odd Irish joke but I don't think all irishmen are idiots. The originator of this thread posted something he thought was funny - I thought it was funny too but it doesn't mean I think we should sink all the boats carrying immigrants coming to Oz.

Lighten up a little.

• Like 1

Claiming Asylum seekers/refugees are paid more welfare than natural born Australians or pensioners or any of these other lies is what I have a problem with. We are welcome to our own opinion but this does not excuse basing said opinion on racist based lies... By laughing about it we are giving our consent to poison more minds...

Guest Andys@coffs
My take on the whole immigration thing:

1) I was borm here, What did I do to luck out in the country thing......Nothing it just happened.If you aren't prepared to protect it you wont have it for long, nor will your children.Bill I spent 12years in the RAAF and still work in the defence industries. As you might understand from my post Im more than prepared to share, but absolutely not prepared to be rolled over

2) What did I do to suddenly cement my rights to Australia more than anyone else in the world? NothingPerhaps you should do something (you probably already are). I work hard on our dairy farm employing others and producing product for export helping to keep our trade deficit from getting out of hand and keeping the business viable so we can employ other Australians.

If you don't think this is worthwhilehave a look how the Greeks are traveling at the moment. I think I am adding to the overall GDP, of course like you its not mining related and therefore not flavour of the month.....but I'll get over it.

3) Why do people ask that a refugee who was brought up in another culture throw away that entire culture? I dont understand it. Why must any refugee try to be a clone of a good white Aussie? Can they in any event ever succeed and be accepted as a good white Aussie...The very thought is insanity.Why should I learn another language or pay for multi lingual signs because jonny come lately doesn't want to do what we do when clearly our way must be better or they wouldn't have come here. Its a fact that teamwork can result in a better outcome than any single individual can produce. In the same way, why must we dispose of cultures that have something to offer when elements of that culture could indeed add to the australian experience, not taking away from what we have but further improving it. It seems to be the Australian way to fear something new when in fact what they bring may well be benficial. Thats not to say "dont be cautious" but dont dismiss before even trying. Equally I'm not nieve enough to know that as we have bad elements in Australia there is every possibility that they will have bad elements as well.

4) Understand and accept that no matter what your culture your kids will have a different one that mirrors the country / local environment they were brought up in. If we ostrasize and force them all together as a result of racial profiling or plain old apathy rather than welcoming them into our country this step may take multiple generations. This doesnt sit well with people used to instant gratification!Happy wit that as long as they come in the front door! Without a doubt manners are important, but perhaps less important if your life is on the line. I know some will not be true refugees but rather finanically driven migrants. But if theres one thing that I can be sure of with our agressive government policy implementation its that we wont mistake too many of the later as being of the former, in fact I worry that its more the reverse that will occur. Still, we (general we, not necesasarily your post) tend to focus on boat people when the numbers of illegal immegrants arriving by Aircraft is orders of magnitude higher yet rarely is that discussed in the media.

5) I wonder if the many people that choose to hate those of a different culture have ever worked with them. I work with Indians and Vietnamese professional people and can say they are an absolute benefit to the Company I work in and add to the richness of Australian life. Ironically some of the Vietnamese people are 2nd generation and in a dark room with the lights turned out to hear them speak you would have zero knowledge that they were of vietnamese background. 1st generation imigrants have different cultural drivers which mean that you may get a different result than expected in some circumstances. Instead of calling then crazy or unpredictable try and understand what it is about their culture than produced the outcome that you sawWhy do people insist that just because we want a person from another race/culture to live by Australian rules in Australia we must hate them or we are racist, I don't think there would be many other countries that would tolerate it. At no stage did I suggest, nor would I support anything but 100% application of Australian Law. That said we often say ignorance of the law is no excuse, but in their case where they are likely 100% ignorant of the law then we have a duty of care I think to cover the basics that any born and bred Australian would know from parents and experience. Even my wife and her family (10 pound poms) had teh advantage of understanding the english application of common law, where as many of the imigrants we speak of have no such exposure to call on.

Bottom line is that I dont understand what it is that entitles me as a traditional white Australian to exclusive rights within Australia.An easy feel good thing to say, a bit like saying that if you won tatslotto you would leave the money out the front for anyone to take because really you where just lucky. I'm thinking you probably would bank it though. All I can do is speak my piece and show displeasure with the politicians in order to achieve change. However I accept that unfortunately im in the minority and therefore even though I think its wrong there doesnt seem to be much I can do about it.

Those that can be bothered, no matter what path taken, to get to Australia are probably showing "get up and go" and it seems to me that we need more of that not less.Agree, some of us need a kick in the pants, but I think that should be done by government providing incentive to work and invest and disincentives for those who wait for a handout.

Just my $2 worth (sorry I cant work out how to split the quotes like some do)

Bill I know I sometimes come across too strong and I just wanted to say that your view is as valid as mine. I might like to think that Im right and your wrong, but elections show that isnt the case. I also think that its equally valid to question why we would try and assist refugees when 1 in 5 in Australia lives in poverty. Perhaps I would like to be able to do $100 worth of fixing with the $5 that is available..... Of course, as youve already aluded, just pegging that at 1 in 5 may well be the real challenge as we watch Europe spin around the plughole....

Andy

Bill I know I sometimes come across too strong and I just wanted to say that your view is as valid as mine. I might like to think that Im right and your wrong, but elections show that isnt the case. I also think that its equally valid to question why we would try and assist refugees when 1 in 5 in Australia lives in poverty. Perhaps I would like to be able to do $100 worth of fixing with the $5 that is available..... Of course, as youve already aluded, just pegging that at 1 in 5 may well be the real challenge as we watch Europe spin around the plughole....Andy

Thanks Andy, It's what makes the world go round. If we didn't have a few greenies our forests would probably be decimated if we didn't have loggers we wouldn't have paper or timber etc. etc. 026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

Regards Bill

Political Correctness gives me the SH1Ts! When I was a boy and fairies granted you a wish, the sound effects were always the same, a good solid, unashamed POOF. What is the world coming to? strangled by the bleeding hearts!

Jeeeez..... Lighten up guys.

Have you ever heard of a JOKE?

Its spelt Juliet Oscar Kilo Echo. 086_gaah.gif.afc514336d60d84c9b8d73d18c3ca02d.gif

NOT oscar hotel mike yankee golf oscar delta sierra echo romeo india oscar uniform sierra kilo november india charlie kilo echo romeo sierra idia november alpha kilo november oscar tango tango india mike echo

It seems everyone here takes things a little toooooooo seriously.

Jeeeez..... Lighten up guys.Have you ever heard of a JOKE?

Its spelt Juliet Oscar Kilo Echo. 086_gaah.gif.afc514336d60d84c9b8d73d18c3ca02d.gif

NOT oscar hotel mike yankee golf oscar delta sierra echo romeo india oscar uniform sierra kilo november india charlie kilo echo romeo sierra idia november alpha kilo november oscar tango tango india mike echo

It seems everyone here takes things a little toooooooo seriously.

Lightening up was the whole point of my post, or moving the target anyway, a distraction tactic if you like.