New to you, you're new to me!

Jimbo59

Hello fellow Aviators.

I'm new to this site so will start with a little about my flying experience. Started many years ago at Archerfield with RQAC, flying Cessna 152, 152 Aerobat, 172, 172RG, 182RG and Bellanca Decathlon. More recently I have been flying Jabirus, Piper Cub and Nanchang CJ6a out of Caboolture.

I also am a keen aircraft photographer. If you are up for a chat about any of these aircraft or photography please let me know. Cheers and Merry Christmas. Jimbol

G'day Jim!! Great to have you, I like the range of aircraft you've flown! Nicely done.

I like taking photos too, but am not real good at it. We need to get some more photo threads up and running on here I reckon also, maybe something we should start doing.

Keep up the good work, I've done a bit of flying out of YCAB also in various range of aircraft.

Happy Christmas! 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

Hello fellow Aviators.I'm new to this site so will start with a little about my flying experience. Started many years ago at Archerfield with RQAC, flying Cessna 152, 152 Aerobat, 172, 172RG, 182RG and Bellanca Decathlon. More recently I have been flying Jabirus, Piper Cub and Nanchang CJ6a out of Caboolture.

I also am a keen aircraft photographer. If you are up for a chat about any of these aircraft or photography please let me know. Cheers and Merry Christmas. Jimbol

Welcome Jimbo, I fly out of Caboolture as well. Trikes out of hanger 10 and 3 axis with Gofly in hanger 72. We have a great area to fly up there!

Safe flyin!

G'day Jim!! Great to have you, I like the range of aircraft you've flown! Nicely done.I like taking photos too, but am not real good at it. We need to get some more photo threads up and running on here I reckon also, maybe something we should start doing.

Keep up the good work, I've done a bit of flying out of YCAB also in various range of aircraft.

Thanks Tomo

Happy Christmas! 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

Thanks Tomo

I'll work out how to post a few pics and see how we go

Cheers

Jim

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif Jimbo good to have you joining us. We have a fantastic bunch of characters on this site, probably because we are pilots. 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gifYes we even fly Guernsey Cows (cream of the crop)....had to milk that one.

Alan the Guern.

Hey Alan

Looks like I need to upgrade my endorsements to include an 'udder' type ... Quad leg undercarriage,,

Cheers

Welcome Jimbo, I fly out of Caboolture as well. Trikes out of hanger 10 and 3 axis with Gofly in hanger 72. We have a great area to fly up there!Safe flyin!

Hi Scooby

I've never flown in a trike, might have to look you up to find out what it's all about!. What do Gofly have?

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif Jimbo,Love those C152's - have owned one since 1995. That was also the last time I was at Archerfield. Great to have you on board!

Sue

Hi Sue

I have very fond memories of C152's. Well done to own one .. Maybe one day I'll get an aircraft of my own ... Would love a Cub

Happy Flying

Jim

H

Hi Sue. I have very fond memories of C152's. Well done to own one .. Maybe one day I'll get an aircraft of my own ...Would love a Cub. Happy Flying. Jim

Hi Jimbo

Welcome and best wishes for the NY.

Any particular Cub you fancy?

kaz

H

Hi Jimbo

Welcome and best wishes for the NY.

Any particular Cub you fancy?

kaz

Hi Kaz

I fly an Original L4 belonging to Caboolture Recreational Aviation and although it is slow it is a lot of fun. I like the looks of some of the modern variants and would love to see how they compare to the original. Any early tail dragger would be good however!

Are you into Austers?

Always happy to chat about aerobatic aeroplanes!

Hi DJ?

Learn't to fly aerobatics with Bob Tait many years ago. That was in a Bellanca Decathlon. Before that I got a taste of aero's in a Pitts S2 as a passenger ... Hooked!

Also did aero's in the relatively cheap C152 Aerobat but the Decathlon was great, especially being a taildragger. Had plans to do more in the Nanchang but that is very expensive. Maybe one day! Favourite manouvers are Reverse Cubans and stall turns.

Jim

As Sue stated, the Cessna is a great aeroplane - I nearly bought a 152 Aerobat but decided that a Decathlon would be more fun. The Cessna will do a neat reverse Cuban with a one and a half snap on the way up (refer the book by Cessna test pilot and instructor, Bill Kershner) - something that I'd never do in a Decathlon.

Bob still flies aerobatics in a Citabria or Decathlon better than anyone else I know, including Greg Koontz.

The Pitts is just a lot of fun.

I always warn people that aerobatics is addictive.

DJP

Hi KazI fly an Original L4 belonging to Caboolture Recreational Aviation and although it is slow it is a lot of fun. I like the looks of some of the modern variants and would love to see how they compare to the original. Any early tail dragger would be good however!

Are you into Austers?

Now your talking Jimbo, I have done many hours in the Auster pictured in Guernsey and the L4Cub which I owned in SA.

Alan.

1026127518_Austercompressed.jpg.fb0164cf072bd787e56542a4c4a44d7e.jpg

20.jpg.582ff12cd80480b5db10f6d4eb1c3770.jpg

Great to see on Recreational Aviation/Aircraft Pilots, Jimbo. Happy new year also.

Cheers to you also 80kts. My new years plan is simple ..... Fly, watch others fly, talk about flying .... There's a theme there I think?

Jim

As Sue stated, the Cessna is a great aeroplane - I nearly bought a 152 Aerobat but decided that a Decathlon would be more fun. The Cessna will do a neat reverse Cuban with a one and a half snap on the way up (refer the book by Cessna test pilot and instructor, Bill Kershner) - something that I'd never do in a Decathlon.Bob still flies aerobatics in a Citabria or Decathlon better than anyone else I know, including Greg Koontz.

The Pitts is just a lot of fun.

I always warn people that aerobatics is addictive.

DJP

One and a half snaps on the way up in an Aerobat! I'm going to check that book out! All about good energy management and spatial orientation. Keep at it DJP.

Jim

Hi ScoobyI've never flown in a trike, might have to look you up to find out what it's all about!. What do Gofly have?

Hey Jimbo, yeah the trikes are awesome. I'm in the process of buying one at the moment. At Gofly we have 2 Tecnam P92 Echo's, a Texan, and a Flight Design CTSW. In January, Gofly will also have a Flight Design MC and a new Savannah S. Thats what i really like about Gofly, we have a good varity of aircraft to choose from. All we need now is a taildragger and all the bases are covered. We fly trikes on the weekends, usually in the mornings. Pop in anytime or send me a message, will be happy to catch up and show you around the trikes. They are ideal for photography, you can see alot from the seat of a trike.

All the best, and happy flying!

Now your talking Jimbo, I have done many hours in the Auster pictured in Guernsey and the L4Cub which I owned in SA.Alan.

Hi Alan

These look great. Who's the dude in the Camo with the L4?

Attached is a shot of the L4 I fly and also a couple of shots I took of an Auster at the 2011 Gatton Air Park fly in

Cheers and happy flying in 2012

Jim

IMG_3396.thumb.jpg.74b702084a441acd36342d56b7064c8c.jpg

IMG_3649.thumb.jpg.90353e8cf4dc843e116744ac76619b89.jpg

IMG_3642.thumb.jpg.2520f953442a95bf74b09fb24105bc1c.jpg