OME's Pride & Joy

old man emu

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a 42 WLA that has been civilianised. It doesn't have magneto advance, but it does have manual timing advance - Retard to Start, then advance to run.

And since emus can't fly, the need for wings is reduced. But it will take me to places where I can attach wings to my carcase.

OME

Hi OME,

Verrrry nice. However, if you want to combine the two then this month's EAA Sport Aviation mag has an article on the AeroMax (p. 110) , which they call the Flying Motorcycle. Now that's cool (probably literally - I wouldn't want to be wearing shorts when flying! 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif )

Check out this Youtube clip :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqXb74T02uo

Cheers

Neil

you look @ a new harley and an old harley and everything has doubled in size but the brakes 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

At least they have gone from very flakey drum brakes to two pot disks. Old Harleys didn't go fast enough to warrant decent brakes. 026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

At least they have gone from very flakey drum brakes to two pot disks. Old Harleys didn't go fast enough to warrant decent brakes. 026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

They still don't have big fuel tanks because they don't run long enough to go far? 075_amazon.gif.0882093f126abdba732f442cccc04585.gif

They look good don't they... I believe the kit has a Tasmania connection... Still prefer the original Airbike.

The kit certainly does have Tasmanian connections - in fact, my information is that the Tasmanian interests have acquired the business.

There is some indication here of something happening http://www.jdtmini-max.com/

A mate of mine is building an Aeromax as we speak. He has just completed fabricating the wing ribs, and we had the plans out for the fin and rudder last week. It's been too hot just lately here in the West for him to do much. The kit appears to be very well manufactured and presented, also well packed for transport.

Pud