first solo

well, today after 6 perfect landings CFI said,pull over by the fuel terminal he then got out and said, you are on your own for this one do what you normally do and pick me up after you have landed .

What a buzz i was actually by my self in control it all went good on final tower changed runway to 10 left,threw a wobbly at me but all good landed perfect i am still on a high

cheers gareth

• Like 10

Well done, Gareth 107_score_010.gif.2fa64cd6c3a0f3d769ce8a3c21d3ff90.gif - there's nothing quite like that first solo!

Keep up the good work, and let us know how the rest of your training goes!

Cheers

Neil

Hi alan ,Tomo ,Doug and all the others on the forum

thanks for the encouragement,Craig (viper in forum ) who is building the Morgan has on Friday got his GFPT so 2 milestones this week and yes cant wait for the first flight in the Sierra ,currently waiting for SAA to do an inspection the we will start the final skinning, and all you guys are right , this flying is the start of a new chapter ,a new lease on life ,just 2,3, maybe 4 months and and licence in hand and Morgan ready we will be above and beyond !!!

Thanks again GUYS

cheers gareth

Guest Howard Hughes

Great to see the old hands like Solomon 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif giving the new guys some encouragement, keep up the great work, I love this place!012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

• 2 weeks later...

THursday

today was the day with no cfi with me last week i did 6 solo circuits and when i went in for my lesson signed in got the keys did the walk around and all checks ,before takeoff CFI said ,how do you feel about going on your own, my reply was ,i will defur to you. we did one circuit and on downwind radio he told me to do a full stop,taxied to eastern apron. CFI got out and said,do 6 or seven circuits ,have fun stay safe any pressure that you fee lor if wind picks up or to much traffic come back in> What a feeling ,its up to me I AM IN CONTROL ,all went well ,i flew as if he was there ,but there is less pressure

THis flying is AWSOME

Cheers Gareth

• Like 3