School for Perfection

Certainly have David. "A Gift of Wings" sits along with works by Richard Hilary, Ernest Gann and Winkle Brown on my bookshelves.

One of Bach's lesser known literary works is "One", which contains a certain aviation focus with some other interesting components.

Richard Bach certainly knows how to write. But I think it's fair to say he regularly takes the art of being a nutter, to new heights...062_book.gif.f66253742d25e17391c5980536af74da.gif

Thats what makes them such good reads, he is a fantastic writer and semi insane! To think all I would have to do is THINK I could fly with out an aircraft and then I SHOULD be able to. To think all this work carried out over the last 100 odd years is nothing but a waste of time!!!!!!

"Illusions" and "The Bridge across Forever" are my favourite Richard Bach books, but then they are all great reads but even more than that they have life changing messages that stay with you always.

David, found the following quote atrributable to Richard Bach, which is probably more applicable to you than me:

"We teach best what we most need to learn".

• Like 1

Most life changing messages come from your bank. Not a story TELLER. Nev

Only in the harsh world of reality. In the imaginary world where you can fly and sit on clouds and never have to worry about an engine failure the story teller is king.

I grew up reading Richard Bach books... the first "proper" book I read was Jonathan Livingstone Seagull... and I have since given half a dozen copies to the most special people in my life (in fact I am trying to find time to buy another copy for my most excellent flying buddy at the moment)...

Interestingly a few years ago I typed Richard Bach's name into Facebook and came across Jonathan Bach who accepted my friend request... no surprises that he is a mad keen pilot who restores antique aeroplanes... like father like son.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
I grew up reading Richard Bach books... the first "proper" book I read was Jonathan Livingstone Seagull... and I have since given half a dozen copies to the most special people in my life (in fact I am trying to find time to buy another copy for my most excellent flying buddy at the moment)...Interestingly a few years ago I typed Richard Bach's name into Facebook and came across Jonathan Bach who accepted my friend request... no surprises that he is a mad keen pilot who restores antique aeroplanes... like father like son.

I LOVE Johnathan Livingstone Seagull!!!

• 2 weeks later...