Ttis and tso

Guest Maj Millard

Time Since Overhaul.......!...........................................................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Guest Maj Millard

The visuals there are just plain ugly !.......................................................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Guest Maj Millard

Motz, wouldn't it be TSLU...............Time Since Latest Upgrade ?...............................................................Maj...033_scratching_head.gif.b541836ec2811b6655a8e435f4c1b53a.gif

The meaning of zero timed, overhauled, reconditioned, rebuilt etc can be many things to many people. In my view (and many others) the only zero timed engine is brand new. Very thorough inspection and overhaul can approximate it. I don't know how anybody can measure metal fatigue easily.

Total time in service seems pretty clear. Time Since Overhaul (TSO) has relevence with props magneto's it can be hours in service or time (years) since overhaul/ inspection. Shelf life can be a factor limiting the product's useability., too.

Sometimes Time To Run (TTR,) is used. Complex innit? Nev

Guest Maj Millard

1 minute ????.....................................................................Maj...008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Thanks - I have these 'memory things' every now and then. Scared stupid I'll turn up at work in nothing but my jocks.029_crazy.gif.9816c6ae32645165a9f09f734746de5f.gif

As long as you remember your jocks:blink:

J170 Owner said:

Thanks - I have these 'memory things' every now and then. Scared stupid I'll turn up at work in nothing but my jocks.

029_crazy.gif.9816c6ae32645165a9f09f734746de5f.gif

As long as you remember your jocks:blink:

I wouldn't worry, I'm sure it'll be a Saturday............

• Like 1

Guest Howard Hughes

I only wandered in here because I thought the thread title was 'TITS and ASS'...022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

Thanks - I have these 'memory things' every now and then. Scared stupid I'll turn up at work in nothing but my jocks.029_crazy.gif.9816c6ae32645165a9f09f734746de5f.gif

Sounds positively scary!

But I can relate to the memory thing. I seem to be working harder now than almost anytime in my life and I have so many things running through my mind at once, I too have embarassing memory lapses. I now find I have to make notes, more comprehensive notes, about where each of my clients matters are at. Sort of like check lists when we go flying...

I think we are all (speaking generally) working longer and harder than ever before. At least it should help keep Alzeimers at bay!

Kaz

Kaz

Guest Maj Millard

How long is a piece of string Yenn !!....................Different engine manufacturers and engine shops have different ideas on what constitute an overhaul. Often it is spelled out clearly by the engine manufacturer in the Engine manual.Some want the engine the engine rebuilt to 'new' specs, some just require that it meets certain tolerences, some want new crank and bearings, new cylinders ..the lot, as good as new...........................................................Maj...031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif

So what is the definition of overhaul?

IIRC replacement of all friction surfaces ie all jugs, pistons/rings, bearings, cranks, valves/seats, etc - anything that has a wear component built in - with new, or used products that are within new specs, whilst keeping compnents that do not have an intrinsic wear pattern such as conrods, cylinder heads, and crankcase, on spec (subject to rigourous inspection though). Basically an almost "As new" motor.

"Zero timed" is where the core (crankcase only) is used and all components are brand new on top of that.

Happy to be corrected if this is not right (been a while...)

So what is the definition of overhaul?

The definition is, how many used parts a engine overhaul business can get away with installing into a engine and getting away with it.And saying buy me. I am overhauled.(Hawker Blue seal engines come to mind).Long story, but the Newly o/h Hawker Blue seal engine we put in hour Piper Archer, was a piece of crap compared to the "old" 2000 hour TX engine it replaced.

.... I have so many things running through my mind at once, I too have embarassing memory lapses.

I wouldn't stress about it Kaz. What's the worst that could happen? Some poor sucker end up incarcerated who otherwise wouldn't have been, no big deal. 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif Besides it's not like you'd remember to even feel bad about it! 056_headset.gif.8e2503279a37389023f4d903d46b667a.gif022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif