Two-seater full-size replica Spitfire

Hi All

Pat English is a pilot and owner of English Engineering in Cairns. He has built a full-size two-seater replica Spitfire, which he flew to Cairns Airport on 25th July 2012. I'm posting this information on his behalf, as his computer skills aren't that great!

Found a link: http://www.englisheng.com.au/spitfire-aircraft.htmlPricey, but Spitfires will always have a certain "wow" factor and I'm sure there will be some who line up for it.

I wonder if that top photo was taken at Mareeba, I saw one just like it otherwise, in a place that looks just like that, when I went to pick up that cheap 95.10

I wonder why Pat didnt go the V8 Chev engine with reduction drive, like Supermarine Aircraft has with their kit aircraft.

Maybe because this is a full size replica whereas the others are only up to 90% of the original.

For me the nose shape is pretty hard to see past, and also the lack of underwing scoops for radiators. But it does remind me of a comment I once heard from Guido Zuccoli when someone had a go at him about his Boomerang being painted in gloss paint ( for ease of keeping it clean & durability ). Guido's response was "When you get your own Boomerang you can paint it however you like!"

Congratulations on seeing this to fruition and achieving a dream. 026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

• Like 2

"When you get your own Boomerang you can paint it however you like!"Congratulations on seeing this to fruition and achieving a dream. 026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

Ditto! 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

• Like 1