Yabba Jabba Doo!

Herm

Well today was the day that my Jabiru SK took to the air for the very first time... I got the CFI who has had loads of hours in this type to risk his life for me... As he was parking the plane he looked over at another flyer and gave the thumbs up... See attached picture... I knew then that things must have gone well. I expected that I might need to do some trimming and adjustments as it is rare to get things correct the first time... Nope! all was good and it needs no adjustments at all....

My father (Guernsey) made the trip for the maiden flight and it was great to have him witness what all the work putting it together had resulted in. Then it was my turn to have a go in it.. Well I had not flown one of these before so it was a little different to anything I have flown before... Needs rudder for good balanced turns and a little negative input when returning from roll... Just a different feel really... Was very happy with my new toy and can't wait to settle into this little pocket rocket... Climbs like an elevator and nice and smooth... Was a little worried when I was building it as I had read some really negative reviews... Bahhh Humbug to them,,,, I like this little plane so far and what else as good could I get for the money...

A very happy little Vegimite.

Mardy

IMG_0884.JPG.1659379db0b51a626cebe3bf2183b2cd.JPG

IMG_0822.JPG.c8b7a85699a9f49f65b5794ce2105cd9.JPG

IMG_0826.JPG.21ef885c26c5a1c6fd4909e2d589c24f.JPG

• Like 9

Oh wow! I was there and had a good look over it. I noticed a switch on the dash labelled 'ejector seat'. That is a very well finished plane, sun visors and hub caps as were nice. Karl says it flew just great, climbed like a rocket. You have done a good job.

Oh wow! I was there and had a good look over it. I noticed a switch on the dash labelled 'ejector seat'. That is a very well finished plane, sun visors and hub caps as were nice. Karl says it flew just great, climbed like a rocket. You have done a good job.

Thanks 170. I still have not met anyone from the forums, so now that you know the plane, give me a tap on the shoulder and say hello. You could give me a clip to the ear, but the shoulder tap will do. Thanks for your kind comments and for having a look. It's not often that anyone looks at a Jabiru these days. Was a very exciting day.

Congratulations you should be really proud. Great job. I look forward to seeing you in her at Gawler. John

Thanks all for you comments... I did ask around when I was at the airfield for you so I could say hello and show you the Sierra.. We will meet at some stage...

... Was a little worried when I was building it as I had read some really negative reviews... Bahhh Humbug to them,,,, I like this little plane so far and what else as good could I get for the money...

Well done! Interesting that there is another oldish project being completed. I am in the process of completing a UL-450 and very much looking forward to flying it. Regards, Laurie