Getting fuel without carnet cards

Hi all:

I'm planning a trip to Ausfly and wondering how people who don't have carnet cards get fuel when the travel. I saw the discussion about the pumps being converted to credit cards, but it seemed from the discussion that this is still a ways off yet.

Hi all:I'm planning a trip to Ausfly and wondering how people who don't have carnet cards get fuel when the travel. I saw the discussion about the pumps being converted to credit cards, but it seemed from the discussion that this is still a ways off yet.

Scott you could use contact details in ERSA to call your planned refuelling points to find out.

Narromine accepts credit cards.

Scott you could use contact details in ERSA to call your planned refuelling points to find out.Narromine accepts credit cards.

Some places, like Gunnedah, even still accept cash (but it has to be exact because there is no change capability) and cheques as well as major credit cards. If you're tracking near Gunnedah and you need fuel, drop in, and if I'm not there, make a phonecall to the fuel number (0408 453 030) that is listed in the ERSA and is posted on a sign by the fuel pumps. One of the aero club members will be there to pump gas for you within normally, 10 - 15 minutes. If you call before you arrive, he may even be waiting for you.

Scott.

I believe most of Shell have been converted over to credit card. BP and Mobil are still a carnet card.

Our Avgas bowser is owned by the flying school, they accept cash or cheque only.

(you can only get it if they are there, as they lock it 013_thumb_down.gif.ec9b015e1f55d2c21de270e93cbe940b.gif)

-Linda

Shell got out of their cards a year or so ago, except for big users. The bowsers have been converted and accept mastercard, so it is even easier. Gladstone accepts mastercard.

Old Station can supply fuel, but I am not sure if they can accept a card. I used a cheque with them.

Hi Scott,

It's worth considering opening an account with aero refuelers albury,

They give you a Mobil, BP and their own aero refuelers card. Very easy, one bill only to pay or they do direct withdrawals which is transparent and simple. Just google them, their office is based in albury. Between them and a credit card, their is not many places that you can't fly.

Do a search on th net for Skyfuels.. They will give you all the cards for free. You will get your fuel account with them at the pump prices. No extra charges with one simple application. You can do this as a private flyer and don't need a business. If you have any trouble with the online application just give them a call..very helpful and a simple process... Oh and no min spend

Hope this helps

Mardy

Do a search on th net for Skyfuels.. They will give you all the cards for free. You will get your fuel account with them at the pump prices. No extra charges with one simple application. You can do this as a private flyer and don't need a business. If you have any trouble with the online application just give them a call..very helpful and a simple process... Oh and no min spend

Hope this helps

Mardy

I believe you will still need a credit card IF ONLY SHELL is available on the field that you require fuel.

Cheers

• Like 1

I believe you will still need a credit card IF ONLY SHELL is available on the field that you require fuel.Cheers

Yes that's true, but Scott's post already indicates he can use his credit card but noted that not all airfields offer this. I think he may have been looking for another solution. It can be difficult to apply for single CARNET Cards and often you need a Business to do so. Skyfuels solves this problem and may be a solution for Scott or others.

Mardy

Shell got out of their cards a year or so ago, except for big users. The bowsers have been converted and accept mastercard, so it is even easier. Gladstone accepts mastercard.Old Station can supply fuel, but I am not sure if they can accept a card. I used a cheque with them.

I used a credit card at Old Station at the fly in last May.