AGM: Some questions...

shags_j

Hi All,

Since i've never been to an RAAus AGM thought I would ask some questions...

1. To vote on the constitutional ammendments, do I need to prefill any voting forms out or can I vote there on the day?

2. What exactly happens there and what should I keep an eye out for?

Cheers,

Shags

Maybe a thread is needed with a summary, make it a sticky and close it. So the information is there for all to read without wading through the variety of discussions that crop up. Might be of use to some of those people who aren't paid up members, or members here, but do read and take an interest. I'm sure there are some who read without joining.

Maybe a thread is needed with a summary, make it a sticky and close it. So the information is there for all to read without wading through the variety of discussions that crop up. Might be of use to some of those people who aren't paid up members, or members here, but do read and take an interest. I'm sure there are some who read without joining.

This sounds like a good idea. A great starting point would be David's 34 questions (see thread: http://www.recreationalflying.com/threads/raaus-stopping-membership.46127/page-17#post-240965) followed by the 34 answers under each question. Making it sticky -and closed- for at least 12 months would make it a great reference tool.

I think the answers that will be given to the questions will be a talking point themselves so do you think it better if we wait and see what those answers are and create the threads on each one...I am sure there will be a lot of attempts of white washing things.

1. Is it now too late to appoint a Proxy?

if yes, it's all over

of no:

2. When is the AGM, where is the proxy form, what has to be marked up, when doe the proxy need to be in by

3. What are the proposed Constitution changes

I'm sure they're on here somewhere, but well and truly buried by now.

I think the answers that will be given to the questions will be a talking point themselves so do you think it better if we wait and see what those answers are and create the threads on each one...I am sure there will be a lot of attempts of white washing things.

If it is closed the 34 answers will spawn 34 more threads that we will also have to wade through.

1. Is it now too late to appoint a Proxy?if yes, it's all over

of no:

2. When is the AGM, where is the proxy form, what has to be marked up, when doe the proxy need to be in by

3. What are the proposed Constitution changes

I'm sure they're on here somewhere, but well and truly buried by now.

The AGM is this Saturday Turbz.

I've attached a proxy form file that Sue sent me so I could hand them out.

The file has the instructions on how to fill out and file the proxy form.

The proxy needs to be in by 10:00 AM Friday, which means to get it in now, it's going to have to be FAXED or hand delivered (via email won't be acceptable) to the address listed on the form.

The proposed changes are listed on the proxy form, including a copy of the new proposed proxy form, which is not to be used this time because it hasn't been approved yet (hows that for yuk speak?)

If you don't know someone going to the AGM, you can nominate on the form whether you are for or against the individual changes, and nominate the AGM Chairman as your proxy holder.

Good luck guys. And if you haven't sent in your proxy vote yet, please do. We need to know what the MAJORITY want.

Proxy_form_LJ_September 2012_final_2.doc