172 down in Qld

Yup, he is a 46 year old Student pilot.He says he will keep learning to fly. VH-JGR operated by the RQAC from Archerfield.See (C172 crash near beaudesert thread a few days ago)

Oops thanks for that.

From the look of the damage I would say that he in fact won lotto coming out of that with a cut to his head and an injured leg, of course if the incident reporting was correct.

Get well soon and keep flying that's all I can say.020_yes.gif.58d361886eb042a872e78a875908e414.gif

A lack of BAK maybe?

I once went up in a Chipmunk with an instructor and tried to imitate my uncle who'd pulled a Tiger Moth into what seemed to be a 90 degree turn.

The Instructor was a bit of a sadist and decided to let it all happen.

We went into a spin, and I had no idea of orientation, what had happened and what the aircraft was doing other than feeling my cheeks pressed against my teeth.

So I can understand his comment.

I saw that guy on TV and i thought it was odd that he didn't know what caused the crash.

when I had my bike accident, my memory stops about 1 metre before I hit the car and then resumes with me lying on the ground realising that I have had an accident.

I saw that guy on TV and i thought it was odd that he didn't know what caused the crash.

I watched him as well on the news. He said he has already survived a major motorbike crash and a major car crash in the past. Maybe he is susceptible to crashing.Hopefully as bad luck seems to come in threes.This a/c crash was the 3rd & he can go on & have a wonderful aviation career.

• 2 weeks later...

Good on him i say. I can relate to FT's comment about memory leading into crashes... my last bike accident was in 1991 (touch wood), and while I do know what caused it, I have no memory of anything after seeing the car pull out of nowhere in front of me. it put me off my game for about 2 years... until the 1993 Ducati 900ss came out..

Best of luck to him, and i'm with dazza - hope this is 3rd time pays for all!

Hope you guys are joking about bad things coming in 3's. It would depend on where you started and finished and how serious the even had to be to count. For those sort of things to happen the laws of physics would have to be pretty elastic.

I survived so many miraculous scary things that I thought GOD was saving me for something good. Wrong!! Nev