Great Eastern Flyin - Jan 2013

Bubbleboy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

day one down and what a fantastic day it was! great displays, great weather and great people! who made it today!? and whos going to make it tommorow!? come over and say Gday on the flight line to us at spectrum aviation! (aka wayne fischer)

"Spectrum Aviation Ultralight Flights" by Wayne Fisher.....

Now there's a guy who knows exactly what he flys:cheers:

We should go back to using 'Ultralights', and I've heard all the excuses about negative connotations too.

Goodonya Wayne.

Pud

PS. Thanks for the photos

• Like 4

Was there all day Friday and Saturday until 1pm, had a great time and would like to say that Gai Taylor and her team have done a brillant job. Thanks to the Evans Head team for a great time and see you next year.

• Like 1

Guest Maj Millard

Wayne goes back to a time when that's what they were called, and we were proud to wear the badge !!....then along came 'plastic fantastics' ??........sorry, just doesn't have the same adventure to it 033_scratching_head.gif.b541836ec2811b6655a8e435f4c1b53a.gif..............................Maj...012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

I spent the day at Evans yesterday with a couple of friends, one aviation keen, the other aviation mad and like me, in the midst of a homebuilt project. Bumped into one of recflying's newer members, Ausadvance, who was helping the Fish (Wayne Fisher) out for the day doing TIFs. It was great to catch up with Wayne again too, and he was able to take one of my friends up for a first Drifter experience. Duncan came back saying he'd learned more about rudder use from that 20mins with Wayne than in all his PPL training and subsequent flying.

Was delighted to hear about what ausadvance is up to, almost a carbon copy of my early years. He has an A1 condition Fisher Drifter and has managed to weave his profession as an electrician around his flying passion and so is able to use his aircraft for transport in his work in the far West and North of Queensland, and has well developed plans toward a bush Cub build and more remote area flying here and in Alaska. He has my full support and encouragement and with his obvious drive, youth and enthusiasm is destined to go far. Well done already mate, we need many more of your kind and we'll all be watching your progress with great interest and support. Please keep us well informed about what you're doing and many more of those terrific photos please?

It was really wonderful to have the great weather and conditions at Evans especially after the last two years having been cancelled, and to see some new aircraft, the Mallard is in magnificent condition and very expertly flown. And most hearty congratulations to the organisers and Gai Taylor in particular, that lady is just magnificent.

• Like 2

In the tent in the carpark right now. Lots of Savannah's here. Sadly not mine though

Great to catch up with you Ultralights and yes a fantastic weekend, we all got back safely to Caboolture including the warbirds and BigBird!

Thanks to Gai and all her team and Peter Lynch for persisting with the Airpark project. Paul Bennett you are an absolute legend.

day one down and what a fantastic day it was! great displays, great weather and great people! who made it today!? and whos going to make it tommorow!? come over and say Gday on the flight line to us at spectrum aviation! (aka wayne fischer)

Sorry I missed you, did you take off eastwards in front of the savannahs late Saturday? If so I didn't miss that, my wife and I were talking to the Ballpointed one at that time.

Sorry I missed you, did you take off eastwards in front of the savannahs late Saturday? If so I didn't miss that, my wife and I were talking to the Ballpointed one at that time.

Thanks mate for yours and Leonie's hospitality and Chauffereage( not Schaeferage!)- the Ballpointed one!! Your both welcome home anytime if you want to keep your currency.

Awesome weekend.

BP

• Like 1

What became of Dazza 38? I asked several people who looked a bit like you if they wanted to own up but only drew blanks, next time!

I was there on Saturday, I went there with a mate of mine & his family . It was hard to find people, I mean 2 people could walk right passed each other & if they are looking in different directions, miss each other .

not a worry at all mate! the important thing is you lived up to rule number one and had a ball! that would have been wayne taking off for one of our joy flights, but in my aircraft, we had a few come through late in the afternoon, I was wheels off at about 5 heading home for the night.

on another note a few more photos from day 2. The last photo is of the wirraways wing after its ground strike departing about 2 pm on saturday. if you looked from the top it had a bent rib to.

IMG_1599.JPG.76ef468661074c1caa8cb1b26f207f33.JPG

IMG_1547.JPG.3b3fb5ec07151d138cc198454344be70.JPG

IMG_1582.JPG.fdcacc15228c748367fe988480825455.JPG

IMG_1620.JPG.a6b88aab80c2196902d63d811a037d3a.JPG

Was delighted to hear about what ausadvance is up to, almost a carbon copy of my early years. He has an A1 condition Fisher Drifter and has managed to weave his profession as an electrician around his flying passion and so is able to use his aircraft for transport in his work in the far West and North of Queensland, and has well developed plans toward a bush Cub build and more remote area flying here and in Alaska. He has my full support and encouragement and with his obvious drive, youth and enthusiasm is destined to go far. Well done already mate, we need many more of your kind and we'll all be watching your progress with great interest and support. Please keep us well informed about what you're doing and many more of those terrific photos please?.

mate I cant thankyou enough for your kind comments! it was a pleasure to meet you and talk to you aswell, and the names Tim 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif. next time your down lismore way give me a yell we can go for a spin!

• Like 1

20214[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]20215[/ATTACH]

We were sitting right there when this happened and we surmised he got hit by the easterly coming across 18/36 as he passed the 09 crossover, even the Pitts and others were unsettled as they came past our spot if they weren't slowed enough at the cross over. I didn't realise the tip had touched until your post. Very close to a ground loop!

no if you look in the bottom right hand corner of the screen there is a tab that says upload a file, you click on that and then you can upload form your computer. there was a how to video on this site somewhere i found once that showed me how

no if you look in the bottom right hand corner of the screen there is a tab that says upload a file, you click on that and then you can upload form your computer. there was a how to video on this site somewhere i found once that showed me how

http://www.recreationalflying.com/threads/any-site-problems-site-support.21638/#post-153899