Taking a break

Admin

Hi All,

I am completely exhausted and in desperate need of a break. I sit here almost every waking hour 7 days a week doing this and that, monitoring this and that, making sure everything goes well and nothing gets out of hand whilst at the same time running the shop and other things, and I am burnt out. It has got to the stage that I hate turning the PC on the minute I wake up in the morning.

So I am going to take a break...will try for a whole month, more likely 2 weeks but will try for a month and hopefully some drive will return. I have spoken to Ahlocks and he will take over the reigns along with his merry band of gentlemen known as our great Moderators (to Ahlocks and those 3 others I sincerely express my thanks).

So everyone please don't give them a hard time as it is an extremely very hard role to do but the site is great in what it provides you today because of it.

I will still be turning the PC on for an hour a day or so to handle anything to do with the shop so please keep on supporting the site by buying from the shop.

So will see you all some time later.

One thing that I would like to ask is...I am in desperate need of a job, any kind of job, doesn't have to be in IT and can be anywhere in Australia, even for just a few months...so if you know of any reasonable kind of job going where you think I could help/do then please, please, give me a ring on 03 9444-8025...thanks...cya

Ian, we are all appreciative of all your hard work, BUT MATE, LISTEN TO ME THIS TIME FOR GOODNESS SAKE. it's time to take some time out, so you get a chance to smell roses with the luv'ly Carrim and the kid's.

No excuses now!

I was just sent a letter if I wanted a job working a few hours a week at a flight simulator near me. Must have got me from the forum-I don't frequent the usual seedy places. Contact if interested. [probably just pay your airfare over.]

Didn't even last a week...180+ emails to respond to, phone calls every day, site issues to assist with...aaaarrrrggggh

Ian, you just failed holidays 101. You need to learn the following five steps. Consider this your remedial class.

Step one: set an email auto reply advising you'll get back to emails starting on a certain date.

Step two: divert home phone to mobile for all calls.

Step three: set message on mobile answering service to indicate caller should call back after a certain date as messages will not be checked.

Step four: turn mobile off. Put in bottom drawer.

Step five: whatever you like... you are now free.

• Like 1

Ian, you just failed holidays 101. You need to learn the following five steps. Consider this your remedial class.Step one: set an email auto reply advising you'll get back to emails starting on a certain date.

Step two: divert home phone to mobile for all calls.

Step three: set message on mobile answering service to indicate caller should call back after a certain date as messages will not be checked.

Step four: turn mobile off. Put in bottom drawer.

Step five: whatever you like... you are now free.

Ian,

Don't just like Adam's post.... DO IT!!!

Now buggar off.

Pud

• Like 1