Are you still grounded

Guest Andys@coffs

So, whats happening with your renewal?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. So, whats happening with your renewal?

• My A/C was grounded then and still is, but I have heard from RAAus and know what I need to do.
    • My A/C was grounded then and still is, I havent heard from RAAus at this stage.
    • My A/C was grounded but all is Ok now and I can fly again
    • I would normally have renewal paperwork by now and dont have anything yet
    • I have recieved renewal paperwork in the last few weeks
    • I was Ok back then but since then am grounded and havent heard from RAAus
    • I was Ok back then but since then am grounded but have heard what I need to do and its in progress

Guest Andys@coffs

People

In a recent thread called are you grounded, we checked to see whether there were many of you that had aircraft grounded as a result of teh whole RAAus/CASA issue.

If you voted "Yes I was grounded", can you then please vote to show progress with your renewals.

We are also interested in finding out if there are members who in previous years would have renewal paperwork with them by now, but as yet dont have any renewal paperwork.

If your aircraft wasnt then, and isnt now, due for renewal then please sit back and watch only.

Lastly, and this one is the scariest possibility, if you would normally have had renewal paperwork by now, dont have anything from RAAus yet and your registration has lapsed, can you please post the circumstances of that in addition to voting above. I sincerely hope that RAAus isnt just allowing people to become unregistered without any warning, but lets see what this poll flushes out.

Andy

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like i am still grounded and no one from the RAAus has contacted me either to inform me of what is going on or if anything is required.

Running out of patience!!!!

Andy

My Rego runs out on Saturday 22nd December. I received the renewal forms on the 23rd November and sent the renewal forms back to RAAus on the 3rd December.

I then followed that up with a phone call to ask if they received the paperwork and was told that yes they had received the paperwork.

I then asked if they could check my file to see if anything was missing so i could also send this in prior to the renewal date.

I was told that there were a lot of aircraft that were already out of date and they didn't have the resources to look at my paperwork as they were concentrating on the other aircraft that were currently out of date.

At the time i thought this was fair enough.

I have since made another phone call today to see if they could look into my file and was told the exact same thing. There were still lots of aircraft that were out of date and they were trying to get through that backlog first and couldn't look into my file.

I then went on to say that i use my aircraft to get to work and back and if it runs out friday and can't be renewed by friday i can then no longer go to work until it is registered.

The reply from the administration girl (very polite) was that there are still 3 1/2 working days to go until they stop for Christmas and if i could ring back later on that would be great.

I told them i would leave it til friday to call again but would not appreciate being told on friday that they still can't even look at my file to tell me if there is anything missing.

I guess i am still able to fly home friday so i guess i will have to wait and see if i am able to go to work next week or am forced to sit at home and fall into the same catorgory as many others here having an unregistered aircraft sitting in the hanger over christmas.

Can i just say that the girls on the phone at RAAus have always been very polite and professional and it must be hard for them through this time so i hope they get the management and leadership they deserve to keep this organisation going in the right direction.

I feel for all those people that have unregistered planes out there. I may be joining you shortly.

Andrew (JabSP6)

• Like 7

We jest but there is a human cost behind what has happened.

I dropped into the RAA office this morning. It was to pay my subs for the year. Aside from the fact that I didn’t recognize many faces from last year there was not a smile on anyone’s face. My levity and season’s greetings weren’t that bad.

I spoke briefly with the bloke trying to sort it out. He was just behind the front counter. Between fielding calls from irate members I asked a simple question and got a very defensive response. Gun shy?

Perhaps I misread the mood of the staff I saw and they were simply busy but I somehow expect the faces will change again when I pop in next year. If that’s the case then there has been a high cost because of the failure of managers no longer there.

Cheers

Steve

• Like 4

Problem, what problem?

Just ask Middo, he'll tell you "we are winning the battle" and "The backlog of aircraft which have no identified issues on file has been dealt with". And that, what ever it means, is the truth - Secretary Middo wouldn't lie.

Hmmmmm

Not so sure AR. With finite resources and a fast approaching Christmas period that will slow the process I’d be spinning some positive lines as well. You need to rid yourself of as many distractions as you can and one of the major sources of distraction would be phone calls from upset members. The staff need to focus on vetting and clearing the files together with any other data cleansing required.

Now this is easy for me to say with a VH registered aircraft but it begs a question. Why are the registrations renewed every year?

Hopefully this question has not been featured in other threads.

In the past I can understand the logic. With rag and tube aircraft, built by members, being the mainstream aircraft then you want as many mechanisms as you can get to impose construction and maintenance standards. Remember, in those days we had cowboys or if they didn’t exist there was the perception that they existed. The renewal process probably served the purpose of ensuring a minimum standard of construction and maintenance and managed perceptions of government and the public that the AUF had these matters under control.

Today the fleet largely comprises plastic fantastic or similar type aircraft that are factory produced and the RAA has a mature maintenance system. Do we need an annual registration renewal system? CASA doesn’t use one. Is RAA using a system that has fewer relevancies given the make-up of the fleet and is now simply a rod for its own back? Food for thought.

Cheers

Steve

• Like 2

Yep

The staff would be demoralised as they always are when the show is not going right. Nev

Yep. It must be at an all time low. I think if everyone sent a short thank you to the staff it'd be appreciated. Just a little one liner to admin. I know it might clog the system a bit but at least they'd know that they're loved and it might be nice to read a thank you rather than another complaint for a change.

Nick

Perhaps I misread the mood of the staff I saw and they were simply busy but I somehow expect the faces will change again when I pop in next year. If that’s the case then there has been a high cost because of the failure of managers no longer there.

One of them is still there, and is the most responsible at the top of the employee tree, ........ and he is still taking his leave and entitlements as if nothing has happened, until January.

• Like 1

give us a name Mr Rat ................................. give us a name ?

most of us in the outer colonies know not the names of the movements of these gods of power

....................... and in regards to annual licensing - it does appear like a load of horsesh1t (sorry horsefeathers) to me

When one of my 'fleet' was grounded about mid November, things looked dire.

Added to the fact the aircraft is owned by one of my students, so the paperwork has to get to him, he has to find time to get it to me, I've got to go through and follow the new (2007?) compliances, (photos of MTOW and 'unsafe aircraft' placards), tally the hours and landings, send it back to the owner for him to add his payment, then wait for him to forward it back to RAAus.

Having said all that, the office phoned the owner yesterday to tell him the aircraft is now registered, and he will receive the paperwork shortly.

Yay, I get to have an aircraft for the Christmas break.

Hi all, is not the annual rego about the annual revenue. I had to take photos of the placards and do a weight and balance sent them off, an email return 5 days later requesting w&b be signed by l2 or l4 did that, 6 days I get a phone call saying I am missing an important placard so they are sending 2 to me to stick on front and back, and send more photos, none of this has not been on the plane since new an 88 model so problem of regos has been building for a long time, but having had 2 responses in 2 weeks seems as though something is happening, but I might not be flying for a little while yet. Have a safe and happy Christmas and good start to the new year.

Mark

give us a name Mr Rat ................................. give us a name ?most of us in the outer colonies know not the names of the movements of these gods of power

....................... and in regards to annual licensing - it does appear like a load of horsesh1t (sorry horsefeathers) to me

John. Steve Tizzard is still in the CEO's position, even after the litany of issues that have come to light. Have a read of his resignation note on the RAA website News section and you will see that he thinks that all is still hunky dory about his time presiding over management and governance disaster after disaster. Regards Geoff

• Like 1

John. Steve Tizzard is still in the CEO's position, even after the litany of issues that have come to light. Have a read of his resignation note on the RAA website News section and you will see that he thinks that all is still hunky dory about his time presiding over management and governance disaster after disaster. Regards Geoff

And who knows what else may unfold. Thank the heavens that he will still be with us albeit in a part time role.