Plane crash Fraser Coast RIP

Guest bluespot

I have been watching the news this morning about this. It is very windy/gusty here this today - N 14/19kts in Hervey Bay at 1030am. Maybe a spin/stall due to gusts turning base or final?

I hope that we can all learn something from these unfortunate accidents.

Is that the power line running directly across the grass strip?

If I remember correctly the power line stops just south of the strip (you can see the last pylon) then it goes underground across the strip and back up onto the pylons again north of the strip. Since he/they went down on the Flame Lily Adventure property 4 lots to the south of the strip they must have hit that same line but why would they/he be so low in that position?

• Like 1

If I remember correctly the power line stops just south of the strip (you can see the last pylon) then it goes underground across the strip and back up onto the pylons again north of the strip. Since he/they went down on the Flame Lily Adventure property 4 lots to the south of the strip they must have hit that same line but why would they/he be so low in that position?

Thanks HitC

It's very sad indeed

It's not clear what he's done Teckair (I know he's hit a power line), but the question is how. Was he flying too low, was there an engine issue, was the power line in the splay etc?

According to the Perth Now report he was conducting a low pass over the Christmas Party group and giving them a wave before landing, and mustn't have seen the powerlines.

It's not clear what he's done Teckair (I know he's hit a power line), but the question is how. Was he flying too low, was there an engine issue, was the power line in the splay etc?

It has been reported by several witnesses as an aerial display, some people would say a beat up. I know he is not the first one to do it but maybe this accident can save some others from the same fate.

• Like 1