Jabiru

unfair to dogs, most dogs have never tried to kill anyone. Perhaps a flying roulette wheel is closer to the analogy, some flights are more expensive than others and you may lose your shirt if everything goes wrong.

Deskpilot I have a 1600 give me a PM. I am in the process of installing a 2200 In an LSA I own. For all the knockers/haters the motor was well maintained and used to run beautifully. It has done 730+ hrs with no major probs. The carping about Jabs on this site really p-----s me off. For those who may be experiencing problems find out if your maintainer has done all the Jab maintenance courses and call jabiru to ask their opinion of his or her reputation. It's worth the trouble to travel to a good one.

• Like 1

I was around when the early motors were in use. Nose wheels coming off were more trouble than the motor. The conrods ran straight on the shaft. Even that is not a problem. It replaced the KFM? when it went out of production. . i would still run one in the appropriate plane and assembled correctly. Meeting TBO might require a few "tops". You can't keep an engine running if it doesn't have good compression, or has worn valve guides or runs too hot. Nev

• Like 1

Is it the plane you are talking about, in which case it is probably a Jab 160, not 1600.

I doubt that there are many aircraft flying with a Jab 1600 engine. I had one in the Corby for a while, did it up but found it too much trouble to stop leaking oil, so i put in a 2200 and it is a real goer. The 1600 used to run out of puff on a hot day.

For all the knockers/haters the motor was well maintained and used to run beautifully. It has done 730+ hrs with no major probs. The carping about Jabs on this site really p-----s me off. For those who may be experiencing problems find out if your maintainer has done all the Jab maintenance courses and call jabiru to ask their opinion of his or her reputation. It's worth the trouble to travel to a good one.

Don't be p--sed off, do the research. I've got more hours than the inflight testing they did for that engine. Actually most of it was on a test bench. Guess who completed the testing at great expense-the buying public. Think before you rant and rave.

• Like 1

Sapphire, I take it your a Rotax man. Well we all have our ailments don't we....008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gifBill(woodsmason) will get back to you later. Thanks.

Linda, Price??

I am "the best engine available man". The converted VW engine sounds best to me.

Guest Maj Millard

One of my few (by choice ) jab rides was in a LA55 with a 1600 Jab engine !... I owned and was flying a 582 Drifter at the time, and would generally be passing through 200 Ft altitude on the way to 3oo, as I went passed the hangar on the same strip. In the jab with quite a few hundred meters behind us, we were still firmly planted as we passed the hangar!...I still do not know how we cleared the trees at the end of the strip !...boat anchor for sure....and of course jab didn't want to know a thing about the 60 or so owners they had sold to, when the 2200 came out, leaving all those owners in the lurch..............................................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

I only once or twice flew in a Jabiru (LSA 55) with a 1600 in it, this was during initial Jabiru training.After it was replaced with 2200, engine (same aircraft) it felt like a rocket.Well compared to the old engine.

I only once or twice flew in a Jabiru (LSA 55) with a 1600 in it, this was during initial Jabiru training.After it was replaced with 2200, engine (same aircraft) it felt like a rocket.Well compared to the old engine.

You'll need more than that to get to outer space:smile:

I am "the best engine available man". The converted VW engine sounds best to me.

My first wife was a singer, sounded great, but she was useless in bed.

Me, I was the worlds best lover but now I can only dream. augie.gif.8d680d8e3ee1cb0d5cda5fa6ccce3b35.gif