GoPro clarity.

Deskpilot

yeah i'd rather just see a round blur than the card-shuffling effect the props get with these... makes it almost unwatchable sometimes, which is a shame. I understand why it does, just don't like it. But yes, they are beautifully clear, which is nice for post-flight analysis/training.

Can they do propellers yet?

No, you still get rolling shutter effect on GoPro & currently all the other action type cameras.

You can see some rolling shutter effect in the footage above (looking back up at pilot, image gets the wiggles)

H

No, you still get rolling shutter effect on GoPro & currently all the other action type cameras.You can see some rolling shutter effect in the footage above (looking back up at pilot, image gets the wiggles)

H

The Nflightcam does not get the simitar blade thing happening it blurrs the prop nicely and doesnt affect the view

I have a Hero3 white (basic) edition. It seems to handle the prop well at 720 res at 50FPS. Also, the 720 res setting gives a wider angle of view than the 1080 res. Finally, the 720 doesn't seem to give as much jelly vision (rolling shutter distortion) from vibration in the airframe.

• Winner 1

Sorry to say but both the Hero3 & NFlightcam display the typical rolling shutter effect.

It is speed dependant.

Mind for what we want the videos are great!

Cheers

H

H, I read that the NFlightcam used a neutral filter to minimise the shutter effect and I have seen some videos showing that it works fairly well.

Got an attachment to my Contour to fit a filter. Ordered a filter but ... price doubled and I gave up.

H, I read that the NFlightcam used a neutral filter to minimise the shutter effect and I have seen some videos showing that it works fairly well.Got an attachment to my Contour to fit a filter. Ordered a filter but ... price doubled and I gave up.

Hi DJ,

Can't see a filter helping a scan issue other that adjusting the shutter rate (the cameras automtically adjust shutter & gain to fudge iris control)

My HD Video Cam runs 3 CMOS chips & it almost cures the problem but not totally. My old 3 CCD chip camera was great - oh well, that's technology :)

Maybe one day you can compare my Hero 2 to your Contour - it was down to colour quality for me but I still wonder....

H

PS. Miss you at the Piggy :)

The video I posted is of my Nflightcam with the prop blur not the prop chopping the special filter on the front sort of has a mirror effect on the lens when you look at it maybe some sort of phase cancelling thing...dont know but it works well...that was recorded at 1080 the original is fantastic here but when it gets transferred to youtube there seems to be some loss.

It is just a special honky filter you can remove it and go back to a std lens or put the lens on to take the prop flickering out so it is just a special lens

The video I posted is of my Nflightcam with the prop blur not the prop chopping the special filter on the front sort of has a mirror effect on the lens when you look at it maybe some sort of phase cancelling thing...dont know but it works well...that was recorded at 1080 the original is fantastic here but when it gets transferred to youtube there seems to be some loss.It is just a special honky filter you can remove it and go back to a std lens or put the lens on to take the prop flickering out so it is just a special lens

Hi Kyle,

On a second look at both videos, I've got to say that the Nflightcam is a lot better result than the Hero.

It still shows signs of a shuffle effect but certainly not as bad a result as the Hero - you live & you learn.

Interesting way to cheat optics to try & cure a technical problem.

I'll have to investigate more in that filter but it's sounds Contour only.

If we all flew jets it wouldn't be a problem augie.gif.8d680d8e3ee1cb0d5cda5fa6ccce3b35.gif

Cheers

H

Scott.Great video, and excellent soundtrack! 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

What do you have the GoPro sitting on, is it a plate or something similar on the strut?

-Linda

Linda:

In the first half of that video, the camera is mounted on a piece of plastic water pipe taped to the struts. I used the roll bar mount to mount the camera to the pipe. You can see the front of the pipe and the foam I wrapped around it to protect the struts. In the second half, the camera was mounted on the landing gear leg using the baseplate that the camera is shipped on, in the box. I just taped that on as well.

Crowded House is one of my favorite Aussie bands.

• Like 1