HP and LP Aircraft Endorsements... Problems coming.

winsor68

Remind me how many RAA aircraft crashed last week and how many are dead?

Sunfish,

The aircraft didn't crash the pilots did that too them, the double fatality at Ouyen the pilot had is licence only a few weeks and caught a wire beating up a mates place.

Aircraft don't crash on their own, people have a very large input to the outcome of a beautiful flying machine.

The brother inlaw of the passenger killed in the Ouyen accident said the pilot was a safe person as he had taken a couple of others on a joy flight going by the channel 10 report.

Licence a few weeks and catching a wire almost on the deck beating up a mates place doesn't sound like a safe pilot to me IMO.

Sorry Tecky off topic but just had to have my 2 bob on the comment.

Alf

• Agree 1

If you have either HP or LP, not sure which category the HummelBird would come under, but I would imagine LP considering it's size and weight... performance would possibly be similar to my Solitaire by just looking at it.

If you have the endorsements for tailwheel and LP (if that's what it is) then you're basically legal, or endorsed to fly it. It's up to you as to how you go about acquainting yourself with it. I've flown many single seaters now and you pick it up pretty quick IF you're current in similar type aircraft.

Oh brother!!Shows just how silly the individual endorsements really are...... I wonder where in the tech manual it names individual aircraft?

Next it will be an endorsement for every different aircraft type

SSSSSSSShhhhhhhhhh........don't even say that out loud.

• Agree 1