An upcoming event!

ausadvance

Hey guys, well I have something exciting in the pipe line coming up on may 4. Myself and my drifter "lil popsy" are going to attempt to set the Australian record for the most take offs and landings completed in a single day! This event is being done as a fund raiser for a charity very close to my heart, the Friends of the Hound greyhound adoption group from whom I acquired my best friend.

First and foremost right now what i am seeking desperately is sponsors! The nose pod is fully up for grabs for advertising space with sponsorship packages starting at $300 moving right the way through $2000. All sponsorship will come with advertising space on the aircraft nose pod, and coverage on our website. Though the higher levels of sponsorship will be able to dress me up in promotional gear during photos and interviews aswell as be mentioned in media coverage.

to date we know this event is to be covered by 2 local papers to the northern rivers. Channel 7 news. sport pilot magazine. and Australian Flying magazine so this is a fantastic opportunity to get some fantastic advertising out their that is full tax deductible and supporting a fantastic cause along the way!

the event website is www.fly.friendsofthehound.org. while it is still being touched up and finished their is plenty of good information on their for you guys to have a read through. This is a donate section up and active for anyone who just wants to make a donation to this great cause. And as I said, all donations go directly to the cause. All the event costs are to be covered by myself.

Their are also 3 you tube videos explaining a little more about the event:

why

all in the same aircraft? Or can you continue to do circuits in one while another is being refueled?

Hmmm, that would take me about 12 hours or so, not including time for refuelling. I probably hold the record for the most bounces on landing.

Perhaps, if the bounces are about 150 metres high (500 ft), they could count towards your own record attempt, Jab7252?

Onya mate. Hope it works out for you on the day.

Hmmm, that would take me about 12 hours or so, not including time for refuelling. I probably hold the record for the most bounces on landing.

it will be about 10 hours of flying time, allowing for 2 hours worth of down time over the day.

all in the same aircraft? Or can you continue to do circuits in one while another is being refueled?

to keep true to the previous record Im doing it in the one aircraft.

thanks everyone for your support. If anyone wants to make a donation to the charity jump on our website.

www.fly.friendsofthehound.org.au

• 2 weeks later...

Well guys under a week left till the big day! I still have a couple of safety pilot positions available if anyone would like to come on down to lismore for the weekend and get involved! would love to have you around. the available positions are from 1200 - 1400 and 1400 - 1600.

well guys its official! An RA aircraft now holds the official take off and landing Australian record of 122!! and to top it off it has been completed in a proper rag and tube aircraft! my drifter "lil popsy".

www.fly.friendsofthehound.org.au

number 103, the record breaker was dedicated to my mate and mentor wayne fisher. I know how stoked he would be to know that a drifter now holds an Australian record!

this photo is of short final for that landing.

525577156_landing103.jpg.7ec513e5fd35e7f37e352715c23e2ef2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Winner 9

• 3 weeks later...

Well done Tim. A great day for a great cause. Anyone not thought of adopting a retired race dog, think about it now and save a life. They truly are, the most affectionate/laid back dogs ever.