Are there any 'firsts' left to try

Guest ozzie

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say more for some less for others,in mankind and in all those years it's 100odd years that we get to fly,the % is small for those here at the right time tiny over humanity.no first needed most of us that get to fly are doing ok.that said you dare someone to do ?..???

First RAA plane under the harbour bridge?

That's been done, a couple of years back in a Gazelle. Authorities were not impressed!

As an sideline my great grandfather was the first to fly under the 'Coat Hanger' way back just after it was officially opened in a Gyspy Moth, strangely again the authorities were not impressed then neither. That's him in my avatar.

Guest Howard Hughes
First RAA supersonic plane....Alan can you design one please 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif Its hard enough at 100 kts let alone 800 kts there abouts.. 007_rofl.gif.8af89c0b42f3963e93a968664723a160.gif

And on 80HP too!

I was keen on a PA20 Pacer a few years ago that was rumoured to have flown under the Westgate bridge in melbourne, as for firsts I can't think of any that haven't been done before, but there is always the FIRST for me,,,I've always wanted to fly an open biplane from the US to OZ via Russia, then there's the London to Sydney race,not sure if it's still going but it would be a great trip, I'm also hoping to do the NZ crossing when the RV is done,,,so although I wont be setting world records I will be setting Matty records

I've always wanted to fly an open biplane from the US to OZ via Russia

Yes that would be great MM2, they have done those sorts of trips on motor bikes like Ewan Mcgregor and the like, love to do something like that, you would need a lot of preparation to travel through the likes of Russia, my wife is Russian and I have been there a few times so I know what they are like with their paperwork...geeezzzzz

• Caution 1

I was keen on a PA20 Pacer a few years ago that was rumoured to have flown under the Westgate bridge in melbourne, as for firsts I can't think of any that haven't been done before, but there is always the FIRST for me,,,I've always wanted to fly an open biplane from the US to OZ via Russia, then there's the London to Sydney race,not sure if it's still going but it would be a great trip, I'm also hoping to do the NZ crossing when the RV is done,,,so although I wont be setting world records I will be setting Matty records

Matty,

I tried to tell my wife that I always wanted to fly across the ditch to NZ in a C180 and she said, you wont be married to me when you do that ..... 053_no.gif.1b075e917db98e3e6efb5417cfec8882.gif050_sad_angel.gif.66bb54b0565953d04ff590616ca5018b.gif054_no_no_no.gif.950345b863e0f6a5a1b13784a465a8c4.gif

Guest Howard Hughes
first raaus aircraft to the south pole

Or to circumnavigate both poles!

Of course it must be rag and tube, otherwie it doesn't count! 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

Matty,I tried to tell my wife that I always wanted to fly across the ditch to NZ in a C180 and she said, you wont be married to me when you do that ..... 053_no.gif.1b075e917db98e3e6efb5417cfec8882.gif050_sad_angel.gif.66bb54b0565953d04ff590616ca5018b.gif054_no_no_no.gif.950345b863e0f6a5a1b13784a465a8c4.gif

A mate of mine has done it in a C185 and a Cresco,, I think you might know him,,,Ray Curry?

A mate of mine has done it in a C185 and a Cresco,, I think you might know him,,,Ray Curry?

Yeah, I know Ray well, haven't seen him years though, I did my C185 conversion in his aircarft all those years ago at Warnervale. I think that was the C185 he sold to NZ. If you are talking to him say hi from me.