Looking up

MD Edwards

Some days you look up and just wish you were up there cruising around.Mark

Just some days Mark,

I look up at it every day picturing me cruising around, and the days I am up there looking down wondering what the poor people are doing that day.

Cheers

Alf

• Like 1
  • Winner 1

I look up now and I appreciate what I see a lot more. There is a world of clouds up there, and mountains in the distance, that people just don't seem to be aware of. Once you are up there somehow you feel part of them even when on the ground. Keep looking!

• Like 1

You remind me ...

On a tangent, late last year I was hosting a South African client and he is a mad base jumper with over 500 jumps and everywhere we drove around the city his head was hard against the windscreen looking for ideal places to jump from!

Just some days Mark,I look up at it every day picturing me cruising around, and the days I am up there looking down wondering what the poor people are doing that day.

Cheers

Alf

I see your picture is a Tecnam 2002 Sierra, I do my BFR each time in a Tecnam 2002, a beautiful plane to fly, light on the controls and very responsive. Do you own one or hire one? Still a dream to own one at this stage!!!

Regards,

Mark

Mark,

I bought the Sierra in November from a guy in Tyabb, it was immaculate 226 hrs tacho time and 180 airswitch hrs for a 2006 model with not a scratch on anything.

I got it for a great price considering the stuff that came with it, the previous owner was very fussy with it, upgraded brakes with 4 new heavy duty spare discs with it, transponder, fuel flow meter, carby heat, expensive touch screen garmin gps, 4 point harnesses with the original harnesses + others spares aswell.

And you are correct a beautiful aircraft to fly solid but nimble.

I was quite lucky to get it as it was advertised in a GA website, I don't think it would have lasted that long if it was on a RA site or magazine, I watched for 4 months and by chance conned the wife into looking at it when we were looking at bathrooms stuff in Melbourne.

As soon as I seen it I had to have it and the rest is history.

My look on life is like this, this life is not a trial run for the next one if there is such a thing, life is short so you have to do what you want this time round.

Cheers

Alf

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

For me, every day! And I'm not even a pilot!

At the moment, I find myself almost constantly looking skywards, imaging the view or staring at the water, imaging the joys of a seaplane :-)

Every time a plane flies overhead (sadly, they are quite rare here), I rush outside to become instantly jealous of that lucky pilot ;-)

Tom

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Tom,

You keep working on it mate, if you want it bad enough you can achieve it, nothing is impossible my friend.

I was no different to you mate, I can remember and my parents will agree at even when I was 3 years old and I heard a plane I was at a window trying to see it, when i was a little bit older I would leave the dinner table and race outside and watch it until I could no longer see it.

I am 50 next month and I still go out side quite often, I am forever looking at the sky no different than when I was a youngster.

Live the dream fella and pursue it with vigor it will come one day.

Cheers

Alf

• Agree 1
  • Winner 2

• 4 years later...
Alf, how many hours do you have on your Tecnam these days if you still own it, it's been a few years since I have done much on this siteRegards,

Mark

Hi Mark

I have 525 hrs on the airframe now, had 184 on it when I got it 4 1/2 years ago

Love it still

Cheers Alf

• Winner 1

I like the quote from Leonardo DaVinci on the RAAus website front page at the moment:

“When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned upward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return"

With that said, I wonder if he actually built and successfully flew one of the flying machines he designed?

Hi and welcome Mark 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

For me, every day! And I'm not even a pilot!At the moment, I find myself almost constantly looking skywards, imaging the view or staring at the water, imaging the joys of a seaplane :-)

Every time a plane flies overhead (sadly, they are quite rare here), I rush outside to become instantly jealous of that lucky pilot ;-)

Tom

Hey Tom, that person is not a lucky pilot, but a dedicated one, a person who made the commitment to do what it takes to get into the air. The views are spectacular and well worth the time and expense to experience. To you I say, make your dream a reality, it's probably not as difficult or expensive as you may think, especially through RAAus.

There's been some great weather lately, blue skies, brilliant sunshine in the mornings, but becomes cloudy with some rain later in the day. It would be great to get back up there again. Can't do that these days. Possibly shouldn't even be driving my Festiva to the shopping centre. Soon be limited to a mobility scooter.

Some days Mark,. . .you look up there and think. . .THANK GAWD I'M HERE ON THE DECK AND NOT UP THERE AMONGST THAT $HIT. . . . . . .

• Agree 1

Hi MarkI have 525 hrs on the airframe now, had 184 on it when I got it 4 1/2 years ago

Love it still

Cheers Alf

Alf, can you share your thoughts on the P2002 model, positives and negatives. Is yours a JF model? I'm looking to try and purchase one some time in the future.

Cheers Mark

Alf, can you share your thoughts on the P2002 model, positives and negatives. Is yours a JF model? I'm looking to try and purchase one some time in the future.Cheers Mark

Hi Mark

I cannot fault the Sierra in any way shape or form

Comfortable, economical, brilliant flying qualities, docile, responsive and so easy to land and absolutely no bad quirks about it plus it is IMO the best looking aircraft out there in the light sport range

Mine is not a JF model

Cheers

Alf

Hi MarkI cannot fault the Sierra in any way shape or form

Comfortable, economical, brilliant flying qualities, docile, responsive and so easy to land and absolutely no bad quirks about it plus it is IMO the best looking aircraft out there in the light sport range

Mine is not a JF model

Cheers

Alf

I agree Alf, a very good looking aircraft that Tecnam have made there, I had a fly in a P 92 earlier in the year but I am still more impressed with the P2002 model. One day anyway, I'll keep dreaming at this point in time

Mark

I agree Alf, a very good looking aircraft that Tecnam have made there, I had a fly in a P 92 earlier in the year but I am still more impressed with the P2002 model. One day anyway, I'll keep dreaming at this point in timeMark

Was a ripper JF previously VH rego to RAA for sale in the Recreational Aviation Members market a couple of weeks back but only lasted 3 days before it was gone

Had full GA panel and 800hrs TT for 70K

They never last long once they become up for sale

451659CB-AD5E-44A7-8396-14200564AEE8.jpg.e3fde1161676d26113a4bb6399eb2500.jpg

I agree Alf, a very good looking aircraft that Tecnam have made there, I had a fly in a P 92 earlier in the year but I am still more impressed with the P2002 model. One day anyway, I'll keep dreaming at this point in timeMark

Mark

In my biased opinion the P2002 just looks so much sleeker and refined than the high wings

Was a ripper JF previously VH rego to RAA for sale in the Recreational Aviation Members market a couple of weeks back but only lasted 3 days before it was goneHad full GA panel and 800hrs TT for 70K

They never last long once they become up for sale

Yeah, I rang up about that one and the bloke said it sold very quickly, I got the name of the new owner and he lives about 1 1/4 hours flying time to the north of us so it's interesting how things work out. Would have been a very good purchase. I'll wait to see what comes onto the market.

• Agree 1