hearing voices?

Went up in the lightwing this arvo with a mate and was cruising along enjoying the flight when I herd a faint whisper?I thought it must have been my PAX and ignored it then a couple minutes later I herd it again? This time my PAX asked if herd it?I turned off my intercom and did not here it again untill I switched the intercom back on and sure enough we herd it again .The radio is working fine and recieved several transmissions from other aircraft ,and the whisper(female) was only herd once the intercom was on.After landing whilst taxing back to the hanger we herd it a little louder and I switched off the intercom and nothing?got me stumped?any ideas?

Guest Maj Millard

Well flyerme, what's the problem?????.................you've got some strange woman whispering 'sweet nothings' into your ear while you fly !!................hell can I borrow her when your done .!......................008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif.................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Guest Maj Millard

Does that intercom have a 'talk dirty' mode ???...................................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

No but I bet I know what it was !!!!! bloody GPS........... I have a secondary car GPS (used solely Kph ground speed for non aviation PAX) and last night I was updating and turned the sound back on...Its located next to the intercom box!!! wonder if it somehow got picked up by the intercom or we were just hearing it from outside of our head sets?

It's OK as long as the voices aren't telling you to go and blow up parliament or something like that.

Seriously though, if your GPS has a speaker (most do) then it will have a voice coil driving that speaker which can generate an electromagnetic field. That could have been picked up in the audio wiring into the intercom. Moving the GPS to a new location will probably solve the problem, but as another poster has suggested, the shielding on your audio lines should be looked at.

Edit: Or you can just turn the voice option off at the GPS.

Guest Andys@coffs
Ghost in the machine???,,,,what exactly are the voices telling you to do,

At the roundabout take the second exit then 300m on the right destination

yep pulled out the plane this morning after turning the gps on and as I dragged her out I herd turn left in 15 meters...lol

switched it off and no probs .. back to the sweet hum of my rotax..... My PAX was thinking poltergeist...

Tim

Reminds me of the time I was playing around with my standby Aera 500. I was departing the servo in my car (the gps was plugged into the cig lighter) I had only gone a few yards when a VOICE called out TERRAIN TERRAIN The look of confusion on my face would have been worth a saleable picture. Not to mention pulling back on the steering wheel.

Phil.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Winner 1

Hearing voices is OK, it is when you talk back to them there is a problem.

I talk to the GPS lady in my car quite regularly and I am sure that she listens because frequently she asks me to head in a completely different direction.

I always have my wife in the car so there is no way that I am going to follow her directions because I believe she is trying to get me to her house. kiss.gif.b85e4cbf93c012b498aab8fe7d5a5fe6.gif 037_yikes.gif.f44636559f7f2c4c52637b7ff2322907.gif.

Alan. the faithful.