Just Aircraft Highlander

Hi Guys,

After whittling down my list of aircraft to buy, the top of my list is now the Just Aircraft Highlander. Apart from the terrible company name ( sounds like a OJ company or something ! ) the aircraft has nothing but great feedback. Is anyone flying one that can purhaps provide me with some advice or help here ? I'm yet to finish my RAA licence ( only a few hours left ) so I'm pretty wet behind the ears so to speak but this looks like a safe, easy to fly and versatile aircraft. I'm comfortable with Taildraggers having learnt to fly in an Auster when i was 16 but I never got my licence back then as my Dad taught me to fly.

Cheers

G

• Like 1
  • Caution 1

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always loved them too Daz, there is some good vids on YT from some guy in the states, some of the things he does are a bit cowboy but he can obviously fly and it shows what the ac can do, they look awesome....

• Agree 1

Well, My wife is due with our first child ( a Boy 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif ) in a few month so I thought I better go and buy a plane before that ! I have one in my sights... Stay tuned...

My only concern, is wood ribs. Then how many aircraft out there HAVE wood ribs that do aeros and provided you do regular inspections. should be no problem..

Yeah, you right. But, as I said, I'm having my first child shortly and I don't have the time to build a kit. I added everything up... Rotax 912, kit, pro paint, steaqm panel with Ipad.. came up to about 70k.. Plus 700-1000 hours ( i KNOW it would take me 1000 hours ) and this has been built by a builder that has built 4 planes so it MUST be good.. But, Im insistent on paying an expert to go over the plane first.

Here is a pictures of the plane...........

myhighlander.jpg.1f6854513a68a914e3e1ff34fddbca17.jpg

Yeah, you right. But, as I said, I'm having my first child shortly and I don't have the time to build a kit. I added everything up... Rotax 912, kit, pro paint, steaqm panel with Ipad.. came up to about 70k.. Plus 700-1000 hours ( i KNOW it would take me 1000 hours ) and this has been built by a builder that has built 4 planes so it MUST be good.. But, Im insistent on paying an expert to go over the plane first. Here is a pictures of the plane...........

go and buy it then

MTOW will be the issue they quote 615 lbs empty thats 279kg......I dont think it would be that the escapade maybe but the highlander is bigger. hold around 95litres of fuel...did the guy give you the empty weight of his highlander. They do quote 600kg as MTOW so maybe it will fit I just wondered why the owner did GA rego?

FWIW the highlander G force is interested in is already 19 registered. 19-8166. Useful load is 294 KG. MTOW 600 KG. Payload is really good I think. The importer wanted originally about 100K for it. At 85 K it is IMO reasonable with the basic panel it has. I would have bought it myself if I had 85 K laying around.

Yeah, It was GA and now its RAA... Actually not sure why he did this but he did and it suits me just fine as RAA is all I want to fly at this stage.. maybe later I do more but I doubt it as I have a heap of GA right seat hours and I MUCH prefer RAA aircraft...I thinks it a fair buy for 85k.. Lets see. Thanks again guys for yours help. Now Im off to prenatal classes ! This " baby " has to wait a few weeks as I have a much more important baby on the way... my little co pilot !

Yeah, It was GA and now its RAA... Actually not sure why he did this but he did and it suits me just fine as RAA is all I want to fly at this stage.. maybe later I do more but I doubt it as I have a heap of GA right seat hours and I MUCH prefer RAA aircraft...I thinks it a fair buy for 85k.. Lets see. Thanks again guys for yours help. Now Im off to prenatal classes ! This " baby " has to wait a few weeks as I have a much more important baby on the way... my little co pilot !

He did it because it would be easier to sell in Australia as a RAA registered aircraft. In the GA world 85K would buy you a Super cub or a Decathlon .

Disagree - The some of all parts adds up to more than them put together.... If its a good build, its a good buy. Aircraft sales are dead at the moment, trust me I know the market as 95% of the aircraft importers are my customers. Don`t try and compare an old Supercub or Citabria. Apples for oranges...

Yeah, you right. But, as I said, I'm having my first child shortly and I don't have the time to build a kit. I added everything up... Rotax 912, kit, pro paint, steaqm panel with Ipad.. came up to about 70k.. Plus 700-1000 hours ( i KNOW it would take me 1000 hours ) and this has been built by a builder that has built 4 planes so it MUST be good.. But, Im insistent on paying an expert to go over the plane first. Here is a pictures of the plane...........

I'm pretty sure this is the one that was built at Lethbridge :)