Chat Room

Admin

Just to let everyone know that the Recreational Flying Text/Audio/Video Chat Room has been reinstalled on the site.

I still need to do some more configuration of it so it should be good to go tomorrow (Fri 24th May 2013) for everyone to start using it. It has been updated to the latest version and is packed with some great new features.

At this stage I will be adding it to the top right corner of the site between your Alerts and the Log Out button and it will show in red the number of users currently in the chat rooms which hopefully will assist you wherever you are on the site in seeing if there are users in there.

At this stage I will be adding it to the top right corner of the site between your Alerts and the Log Out button and it will show in red the number of users currently in the chat rooms which hopefully will assist you wherever you are on the site in seeing if there are users in there.

That's a better system than the earlier version of the Chatroom. Now you will be able to see the number of forumits in there more easily than in the past.

The Recreational Flying Chat Rooms are now open for you to use. To access the Chat Rooms, simply click "Chat" that is on the right of the main menu bar.

Currently, the users that are currently in the chat rooms are displayed in the right column of the main forums page in the same box that displays all currently logged in users. I am waiting to receive a code change that will allow me to display the number of users in a red box next to the Chat link on the main menu and when I receive that, it will be the way for you to see how many users are currently chatting in the Chat Rooms.

Remember that you can just use text to chat with others or if another user has a Webcam and/or Microphone, little icons are displayed next to their name in the chat rooms...just click the icon to see their webcam and hear them speaking. To turn yours on if you have one, simply click the webcam icon at the top right of the chat room window.

Enjoy

Ok, the Char Room implementation is completed...to access the Chat Rooms simply click "Chat" on the main menu. At any time that users are in the Chat Rooms, you will see a red balloon notification indicating the number of users that are in there or no display if there isn't anyone. It takes just one person in there to start the ball rolling in that others can then see that there is someone to chat to. So if there isn't anyone, still go in there and wait as the red number will tell others.

5.jpg.13f911fbc789f0dcb474397de1813245.jpg

Please, the chat room was once heavily used but then dropped of but it is there now for you to make use of, create new friendships, chat with others who have the same interest whether it be aircraft type, belong to the same club or anything...enjoy

Did we break it? About half an hour ago Sue and I were in the chat room trying to get into video chat, and it all stopped working and I couldn't even get back into the site when I tried to refresh my page.

Did we break it? About half an hour ago Sue and I were in the chat room trying to get into video chat, and it all stopped working and I couldn't even get back into the site when I tried to refresh my page.

Try it again and let me know if the problem persists...I was working on it this morning and not sure whether it was something that I was doing at the time...thanks

Seems we have a slight issue with the display of the number of users in the red balloon next to the Chat link on the main menu...I have reported it and now need to wait for a reply

just after I talked to you I clicked the button to try video chat again and killed it exactly the same as before. Tried ever since to get back into the site and only just now got in. By the time I tried the refresh you suggested it was dead.

just after I talked to you I clicked the button to try video chat again and killed it exactly the same as before. Tried ever since to get back into the site and only just now got in. By the time I tried the refresh you suggested it was dead.

Thanks Rank, I have sent you a PM to see if you can help fault find for me

So it was Rank who broke it. About 12 noon, I clicked on the video and it just kept loading, loading... then disconnected and couldn't reconnect. I went to ReFly to reply to Ian's message to try again, hit post reply, and RecFly froze, then it timed out. I had to go out for an hour, just after 1pm I tried RecFly forums again and got the " is taking too long to respond" message. Now just after 3pm and I have only just been able to get back in. A couple of hours in the sin bin? Was it only Rank & Me or did we bring down the whole site?

027_buddies.gif.22de48aac5a25c8f7b0f586db41ef93a.gif

Sue

Asd soon as it happens again Sue please give me a ring so I can have a look at a few things...sounds like a security issue

Hi All

I am "finally" pleased to announce that the Recreational Flying Text/Audio/Video Chat Rooms are now back and working without any known issues. I have just tested the video and Whiteboard interaction with Sue (FlyingVizsla) and all is working great.

At this stage there seems to be little impact on the overall site performance however I have cable internet connection with high speed so perhaps I am not a good indicator but hopefully if anyone has any issues they will let me know.

Hope you enjoy a greater interaction and enhanced community with the Recreational Flying Chat Rooms

What is the Chat ID please, Ian?Kaz

Kaz, it is saying Chat ID: 1 BUT it is saying for Demo Only

1.jpg.7f896f608b992ee7030f7b44db3eba69.jpg

I'm not sure how this part of it works as this new to me so I may have to do some homework on it

Good luck... I'm off to bed as I have court in the morning.

I hope stevron is not another aircraft owner being screwed over because of RAAus stuff ups!

Kaz