Ozrunway on mini ipad

Russ

This ram mount setup is very good, they have another type called "roller" which holds ipad tight. Most of the back is openI have a spare bracket to suit large ipad 2,3,4 if anyones interested. Have gone mini.

And a kneemount

Whats the kneemount? I'm looking for something to use with my mini in my trike. Thanks.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone used the Airgizmo iPad mini dash mount?

Hi Mark,

Yes i have installed the airgizmo ipad mini mount in my Sav S, havn't got the ipad yet though it should arrive tomorrow.

Had to make a new panel in two parts with the ipad in the middle, got rid of all the engine instruments to make room and used a MGL Extreme for engine monitor. Can post some photos if you want.

Cheers

Rick

Hi Mark,Yes i have installed the airgizmo ipad mini mount in my Sav S, havn't got the ipad yet though it should arrive tomorrow.

Had to make a new panel in two parts with the ipad in the middle, got rid of all the engine instruments to make room and used a MGL Extreme for engine monitor. Can post some photos if you want.

Cheers

Rick

Yes please Rick

Can you post sone pics of the install

I currently use a Ipd3 with a ram mount claw thing that mounts at the top right corner of the cabin…its a pain in the bum to get to and the reflection is bad at times…I think a smaller iPad mini mounted in the dash with be easier to use. My second Xtreme should be here tomorrow and I have the avmap elk-V dash mont it fits easily the iPad mini mount is quite large but I can fit them all I am sure I have been rearranging full size bits of paper all over the new dash template but I think that maybe a better idea to put the iPad mini in the middle and shift the radio to a better position

Mark

Yes please RickCan you post sone pics of the install

First pic shows how i cut off the vertical part of the panel sub frame and added in 2 new ones made of 1" x 3/4" angle closer to the center, 6 1/4" apart to take the airgizmo.

Second one shows the panels in situ. They are two separate parts on either side of the airgizmo panel. The right panel has a glove box in to fill it up a bit because it looked a bit sparce, also handy for POH and what nots.

Still got to finish the wiring but getting there, hoping to have it finished and test time flown before Natflly.

IMG_20131229_153118_117.jpg.1e857fcbd3b04ef8c6e94a6ba080f5da.jpg

IMG_20131229_150906_484.jpg.d7785843cebd3dacdaa070fe493ab324.jpg

• Like 1

I like the pNEL RICK

YOUR STARTER SWITCH YOU HAVE PUT DOWN ON THE SWITCH BAR ALSO THE THROLLES…HOW HAVE YOU DONE THOSE THROTTLES THEY LOOK LIKE THE ONES FROM AIRCRAFT SPRUCE BUT ITS DUAL?????..crap sorry about the caps not going to retype…..what are the tabs/switches above the trim switch and indicator…I see you have fitted a glovebox as well. It looks like you didn't use the bottom switch cover rail either

Is she flying yet?

This ram mount setup is very good, they have another type called "roller" which holds ipad tight. Most of the back is openI have a spare bracket to suit large ipad 2,3,4 if anyones interested. Have gone mini.

And a kneemount

I want one I can screw to a panel. If you think yours is suitable I'd be very grateful for a photo and price if possible, please.

Kaz

I like the pNEL RICKYOUR STARTER SWITCH YOU HAVE PUT DOWN ON THE SWITCH BAR ALSO THE THROLLES…HOW HAVE YOU DONE THOSE THROTTLES THEY LOOK LIKE THE ONES FROM AIRCRAFT SPRUCE BUT ITS DUAL?????..crap sorry about the caps not going to retype…..what are the tabs/switches above the trim switch and indicator…I see you have fitted a glovebox as well. It looks like you didn't use the bottom switch cover rail either

Is she flying yet?

No flying not yet, maybe Jan or Feb.

The little switch panel above the trim is elect flaps controller, I can set the flaps to up, half or full with a button push without taking my hand off the throttle. Yes the throtle controls are from ACS, they go to the throttle torque tube thingmy same as the solid rods, but i like them down on the lower panel - comes easier to hand I think, also easier to take out the panel without having to dismantle your throttles.

I am doing a new dash totally will also be rehashing the stupid bowden cable arrangement for the 2 carbys for shorter runs as this was the source of my engine running rough which started the mishap on landing. Where did you source your air gizmo iPad mini from??? one of the online shops here? I never liked electric flaps that comes from the days when I was flying a C172 many years ago so decided I like the good old manual ones. Some people like them but I don't…gives you more manual options with the original setup to pump the flaps if you need to for a quick takeoff.

Mark

I am doing a new dash totally will also be rehashing the stupid bowden cable arrangement for the 2 carbys for shorter runs as this was the source of my engine running rough which started the mishap on landing. Where did you source your air gizmo iPad mini from??? one of the online shops here? I never liked electric flaps that comes from the days when I was flying a C172 many years ago so decided I like the good old manual ones. Some people like them but I don't…gives you more manual options with the original setup to pump the flaps if you need to for a quick takeoff.Mark

I got the airgizmo mount from ACS as well, cheapest but you need to have a decent order, Just getting one thing is not too cheap as they still charge you about $50-$60 postage. I like the elect flaps cause I like my hand on the throttle for those quick take offs and not on the flaps lever. I don't have any cables on the throttles, all solid rods, works a treat and so easy to adjust/sync. Sorry if we're going a bit off topic - let me know if you want to see the throttle linkages and I will start a new thread maybe.

Post it here or maybe in another thread its up to you but I would like to see your setup….there are a few guys here changing their setups still using the bowden cables but making them a straight run and putting a support bracket on each side of the top throttle lever firewall mount

And here is the Ram EZ Roll'r flat panel mounting for an iPad mini:

http://www.rammount.com/CatalogResults/PartDetails/tabid/63/partid/082065077045072079076045065080049052085/Default.aspx

That's the one that Neil Sheather and Andrew Pepper are installing in their new Titanium Auto Gyro

(http://tagaviation.com.au)

Neil said they sourced the mounts from MR Mobile Australia.

155193344_adjvsmIMG_0890.jpg.18968473c642d7c002f2e261d10eb673.jpg

1185829785_adjvsmIMG_0879.jpg.79bcf62845e778dc9bdf2a33f2772607.jpg