Crow death rate

bexrbetter

A genuine Australian University study was launched into why 98% of roadkill crows were caused by trucks and 2% by small vehicles....

It was noted that when crows feasted on other roadside roadkill that a lookout or 2 would stay in a tree or high ground to warn of impending danger. It was also noted that while crows could call out the word 'Car", they could not pronounce truck.

• Haha 4

I thought it was AARK !!! That is why they are still here and not drowned.. Nev

I get annoyed they screach out my name every morning, it's like being married to every one of them.

• Like 1

Crows are tasty.In China they would eat them, just like baby sparrows are a delicacy.

Baby birds are too common than to label them delicacy.

Never surprises me anymore what they eat, ie; anything, but more to the point, any part of anything.

When we were kids a mate of mine named Mark used to keep going homeCause he thought his Mum was calling him.

But it turned out , 043_duck_for_cover.gif.77707e15ee173cd2f19de72f97e5ca3b.gif....... it was his dog with a hair-lip! (Mark! Mark!) 109_groan.gif.66f71fc85b2fabe1695703d67c904c24.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Slight thread drift - old farmer couple I knew had a cockatoo which would not only mimic the phone ring tone, but also would screech out "Max! MAX!! MAAAXX!!!" exactly like the wife - so old Max would drag his arthritic bones up from the shed to the house to find out what his wife wanted, only to find it was the bird.

I would have been tempted to shoot the damn thing.

Baby birds are too common than to label them delicacy.Never surprises me anymore what they eat, ie; anything, but more to the point, any part of anything.

Get used to it. We (Australia) are selling so much to them (China) that we will be eating whatever scraps they send us.

While we're talkin about gallahs ,

I keep getting this image of Tony Abbot

Sitting in one of those inflatable pool deck chairs with a cold beer and sunscreen & umbrella sitting of the coast of Chistmas Island telling all the refuge boats to "GO BACK"!!

Signs A politic Al

Cheers & no offense

• Like 1

Illegal immigrant walking down the street with a very brightly coloured parrot on his shoulder. A guy walks up and says....where did you get him from?

The parrot says, Xmas Island mate, there's thousands of them there.

I get annoyed they screach out my name every morning, it's like being married to every one of them.

Oh, I KNOW I Know. . . .it's awful sometimes what fate does to poor defenceless animals,. . . . my neighbour has a rather large dog, I think it's a giant poodle or something crossed with a labrador ( Giant Labradoodle ? ? ? ) dunno, but the poor thing is most distressed when he is doing a bit of overtime and is late home from his work shift. The poor thing stands at the end of the driveway making a noise which for all the world sounded like . . . . "MARK - - - MARK - - -MARK " . . . . It got so bad that I just HAD to ask him what it was doing and he told me that the poor thing had a Hair Lip.

Primary school teacher says to the bunch of five year olds gathered around,. . . now children, last week we talked about Deductions,. you remember, if something happens, you think very carefully and then you DEDUCE the reason for what is happening. . .now, have any of you got an example of this today,. . .how about, you young Kevin,. . . what have you got there ? . . . . . . young Kevin produces a matchbox and opens it to reveal a small spider. He takes out the spider and puts it on the desktop. He says to the spider. . . "Spider - walk towards me". The spider does as it is told. He then says, "spider, walk away from me to the edge of the desk". . . the spider turns around and does this. . He then picks up the spider and pulls out all of it's legs. He then says. . " Spider, walk towards me" . . .the spider does not move. He than asks "Spider, walk to the end of the desk " Again the spider doesn't move. Kevin looks up and smiles at the teacher.

The teachers winces, and asks . ." Mmm, OK then Kevin, . . . . what do you deduce from this ?"

Kevin says, " Well Miss,. . . it's obvious. . . if you pull a spider's legs off,. . . it goes deaf.

• Haha 1

Pom goes to the doctor's with a parrot on his shoulder. The doctor asks,. . ."well, what is the problem ?" . . . . the parrot says,. . . . I'm not real sure mate, . . . it started off as a boil on me foot. . . .

Primary school geography lesson. Teacher asks the children : "OK . . who can describe an Island ?" . . .Millie says " Miss,. . .An Island is a body of land completely surrounded by water. "Very Good Millie, says the teacher,. . Now,. .who can describe a Lake ?" How about you Brett,. . .Brett says " Well Miss, a lake is a body of water completely surrounded by land " . . . "VERY GOOD" says the teacher, . . . . .now, who can describe a Beach ?" . . .how about You Manuel ?" Manuel replies . . ." Well Meez, a Beech is a lady dog completely surrounded by Man dogs. . . . "