Registration Delays

Jabiru7252

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bluespot

Below is a reply I got today after follow up phone call.

You might see this soon coming to an inbox near you if your rego is due:

Hello,

I am writing to advise you that your aircrafts file is awaiting sign off by our CASA delegate.

Once the file has been signed off we can process the payment and renew the registration.

Thank you,

Below is a reply I got today after follow up phone call.You might see this soon coming to an inbox near you if your rego is due:

Hello,

I am writing to advise you that your aircrafts file is awaiting sign off by our CASA delegate.

Once the file has been signed off we can process the payment and renew the registration.

Thank you,

....and we don't know when he may drop past this way again ....I had two rounds of this also....raa is just like gas, power ,and phone company's there's not many options.

Just curious about something!

The registration of my 95:10 was processed on the about the 17th October and I received the PDF copy via email and was told that the PDF is proof of registration and therefore I could go flying. In the same conversation I was told that the new registration card was in the mail. Two weeks later I am still waiting for the card.

How long does one have to wait for the card to turn up?

• Haha 1

See my earlier post.......I too, was given a blatant lie re my ongoing re registration,They,ve shown their hand, now we know what we are dealing with.

Still unreg, over 5 weeks since paper works hit their desk. I won,t bother ringing again, as any comment from them, would now be difficult to believe.

Reading letters published in latest mag, lots of unhappy folks about, some scathing of the general goings on.

Looking on the upside.....when things hit rock bottom, the only way from here is up.

It,s a shame, those that lurk here, that have answers, have gone missing in action.

And.....I bet my left nut, they and their mates, are all nicely re registered.

Just curious about something!The registration of my 95:10 was processed on the about the 17th October and I received the PDF copy via email and was told that the PDF is proof of registration and therefore I could go flying. In the same conversation I was told that the new registration card was in the mail. Two weeks later I am still waiting for the card.

Yes, I will be interested to see how long it takes. I received an electronic copy for my Drifter last Friday (a little over 4 weeks from application), no sign of the actual card as yet.

In any case I've got a printout of my rego & been flying. Luckier than some.

Just curious about something!The registration of my 95:10 was processed on the about the 17th October and I received the PDF copy via email and was told that the PDF is proof of registration and therefore I could go flying. In the same conversation I was told that the new registration card was in the mail. Two weeks later I am still waiting for the card.

Hi Planet47,

Mine only took a few days, so hopefully not too long.

Cheers

Neil

Well, we posted the latest bits they requested on our 19-rego this week. Rego ran out in May, so we hope this is the very last (apart from payment). Next is the far more complex data set & plans (there were none) for 10-rego built more than 20 years ago; that ran out in April.

Well, we posted the latest bits they requested on our 19-rego this week. Rego ran out in May, so we hope this is the very last (apart from payment). Next is the far more complex data set & plans (there were none) for 10-rego built more than 20 years ago; that ran out in April.

That is a worry Sue. Sounds like the rego process for my 95-10 Javelin is going to be a nightmare as there are NO data sheets or plans available for them anymore. These were designed in the late 80s, and the designer Frank Bailey is now deceased. So what will be the outcomes for these old birds on which ultralight flying was founded in Australia?

There have been several Javlins registered before. You should be able to pull their data sheets.

My Lazair was the same.

Grandfather clause.

There have been several Javlins registered before. You should be able to pull their data sheets.My Lazair was the same.

Grandfather clause.

Thanks Steve. The problem I have is that I have absolutely no confidence that RA Aus will still have these on file. You only have to look at their history of lost records to have justification in concern. I guess if I had to, I could recreate them. I was going to do a reweigh anyway.

You will still have to weigh and do cg and inspection but you can use the actual data package that was submitted earlier. Quite possible it is still on the register. It was subject to an article in the auf mag few years back. Check register. There is also one on the NZregister

Sent my rego renewal 2 weeks ago.

When I got back home today saw a letter from RAAus, got all happy that my rego is here, but no luck - it's just a final notice about my rego running out (and I really wanted to go for a flight this weekend) :(

Checked my emails a bit later and surprise, surprise - there's an email from RAAus that my rego has been renewed, so I'm going flying after all 009_happy.gif.56d1e13d4ca35a447ad034f1ecf7aa58.gif

15 days from email notification that registration had been passed to receiving the actual card but its all mine now!

012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Good to hear, although it must have been a truly slow snail that had your mail.....

As it was one of the few decent days for flying in weeks here in Melbourne I shoved our new rego card on our plane and went for a fly yesterday. Magic.

Cheers

Neil

Good to hear, although it must have been a truly slow snail that had your mail.....

As it was one of the few decent days for flying in weeks here in Melbourne I shoved our new rego card on our plane and went for a fly yesterday. Magic.

Cheers

Neil

Maybe the snail had a relative at the card making department:popcorn:.

However, like you Neil, it was good to stick that new card in its holder and go flying and its another 350 (?) days away till............the next traumatic registration episode (which is hopefully less traumatic for everyone than this year's).

I wonder what will eventually replace our registration issues.

As a side issue a recent Sydney paper carried a short story about New York City approving a $320 million project to build the world's tallest ferris wheel which will be 192m and to open in 2016. I wonder what it might be located near!!!!

Still waiting for rego renewal....oh well

Did I mention the changing of ownership that I submitted a month or two back has also gone who knows where, I spose me having the ign keys is the most important.

RAA..........just love em to pieces. ( they could'nt organise a root at a hookers ball )

Earlier today I shot off a mail to Raa, asking for an update re rego......well bugger me just got a mail with rego renewal attached. Am told to print this off as a temp fix, and proper sticker is in the mail.

So.......happy flying if it was,nt blowing 20+ kts with storm clouds building.

( next yr, I,ll get my rego process in place 3 mths before due date, to avoid this again. )

Still waiting for rego renewal....oh wellDid I mention the changing of ownership that I submitted a month or two back has also gone who knows where, I spose me having the ign keys is the most important.

RAA..........just love em to pieces. ( they could'nt organise a root at a hookers ball )

I bought my Drifter in January 2012, the seller sent off the notice of disposal, a few months later (I was doing a full rebuild), I contacted RAA, they had no record of it. He sent another, I checked again next time I spoke with them, no record. I got the seller to send me a copy of the notice and sent it in with my rego/transfer application. It took about 1 month, and a couple of "just checking" phone calls, to get an electronic copy, and another 10 days to get the actual cert in the mail.