Piggy back ,

Doug Evans

" .....Will all passengers please move to the right hand side of the aircraft for the take off roll please ...." LOL

The picture gives a real good perspective as to how big those buggas are compared to a Cessna 185 fuse.

• Like 1

Were they P&W power plants Nev? How many HP? They must have been bloody thirsty, the PW985 on the Beaver is 100+ litres per hour.

With the Kero burner they are by far the most popular float plane in North America, they must have an amazing wing, they out perform the C207 for takeoff performance 'by a mile'.

This one, and the one under the spinner, operate out of Victoria(capital of British Columbia) on Vancouver Island.

Took the photo of refuelling after our sightseeing flight. Great stuff, but I would have preferred a Beaver.

Pud

• Like 1

I have seen photos of a damaged(wire strike) Pilatus Porter, being airlifted out by Caribou. The first load was the fuselage, with the tail wheel jammed up between the pilots seats, with the back door open and nose hanging out. The second load was wings and stabilsers, with th wings on edge up between the front seats, and hanging out the back door.

I doubt very much a military pilot would get away with that sort of thing these days.

This one, and the one under the spinner, operate out of Victoria(capital of British Columbia) on Vancouver Island.Took the photo of refuelling after our sightseeing flight. Great stuff, but I would have preferred a Beaver.

Pud

I always prefer a beaver. 059_whistling.gif.a3aa33bf4e30705b1ad8038eaab5a8f6.gif

• Like 1

I like the previous shots in the series, the ones with the hook running along the dirt before they catch the wire. I have a video of it as well, it's a nice bit of flying, just maintaining the right altitude to run the hook along the ground.