supplier list

Guest micgrace

should we have a listing on aviation suppliers on the web site?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. should we have a listing on aviation suppliers on the web site?

• yes
    • no
    • don't care
    • maybe

Guest micgrace

Hi guys

I problem for us guys that seems to resurface is lack of information on where to get various aviation related equipment or supplies.

Maybe a member generated databasecould be of use to everyone.

Micgracesmiley1.gif

• 6 months later...

There are several suppliers who advertise ion the RAAus magazine, and also Pacific Flyer, which most pilots have access to. There are also GA magazines like Australian Flying or even the US mags such as Kitplanes so there is a wealth of info available. Failing that a quick request on this forum will always provide help.

Ian Borg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

For all the suppliers on the web, where do I get basics like wood. I'm certainly not going to order it from America, it's expensive enough already. I'm all for a list (have voted so) but let's concentrate on Ozzie suppliers, please.

Doug

Hi Doug - it's coming soon to a web site near you - the shop here will in the coming weeks go through a transformation process - I hope it will eventually help!

Guest micgrace

Hi,

Try woodworld. www.woodworld.com.au they are Gold Coast based and you can get spar grade sitka spruce (expensive to buy) cut to size if you want. or just turn up and pick through the wood collection. Mr Ply & Wood can get you av. grade ply (not cheap).

Micgrace.

• 3 weeks later...

Just checked this site and what a great idea I am in the market for a new propeller for my Sonerai, I'm thinking of a "Sweetapple" but I cannot find his location anywhere, I have heard that he relies on word of mouth for his sales. Can anyone help ? 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif051_crying.gif.edc6b33a234e272ee13f0ec0ae40b12a.gif

• 2 months later...

I've have just taken over the running of an aircraft parts and hardware business operating from the Sydney area. This weekend I'm working on the advertisement which the business will be running in the RAA magazine from the October issue.

If the administrator permits it, I would like to post an image of the advertisment in this thread. (Please PM me if you will give permission)

We will be able to supply hardware, parts (wheel rims, brakes etc), tools ( safety wire pliers, Cleko pliers) as well as metal working instructional videos. Later we hope to be able to run classes in basic metal work and fabric work.

One service we hope to provide is the supply of "Project Packs". You send us the list of hardware requirements for the aircraft you are building and we will gather up all the pieces, package and label them, and freight them to your door.

We won't over supply you, either. If you want three widgets, we'll sell you three, not minimum pack sizes of five, or ten.

Please keep an eye out in the RAA magazine for our ad. I'll observe the prohibition on advertising on this forum, and not mention the company's name or contact details.

Old Man Emu

• 3 weeks later...

It's on the list - in fact a spot has already been reserved for it in the Flight Bag menu - I just need more time like 48 hour days but still only work an 8hr day and sleep my normal 4 hours a night 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

• 10 months later...
Did this supplier list eventuate? Maybe im looking but not seeing....Scotty 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

It didn't eventuate. I would have like to have had my business listed, but it is in direct competition with the Webmaster's, and his business is supporting this site.

I'm happy to back off listing my here as long as I can PM people who post in Kit Building or such forums. I can always advertise in the RAA magazine.

Old Man Emu

• 1 year later...