ANR headset Battery life

SDQDI

I was just curious as to how long the batteries last in different ANR headsets, with or without Bluetooth. How much difference in battery life between brands?

I searched and found a few different ANR threads but didn't find one specifically asking about battery life.

Also what is the performance like once batteries are dead?

I was just curious as to how long the batteries last in different ANR headsets, with or without Bluetooth. How much difference in battery life between brands?I searched and found a few different ANR threads but didn't find one specifically asking about battery life.

Also what is the performance like once batteries are dead?

I have a Telex Stratus 30, and find the battery life to be surprisingly good. Like 30+ hrs on two AA cells. Also, even without the ANR active, the noise protection is far better than the David Clark that I had before.

JG

Guest Andys@coffs

Its why I always tell people that its very important to ensure that the passive noise reduction capabilities of the headset are suitable. Some of the most expensive options available have terrible passive capability, relying on active to make up. Active only covers lower frequencies so even if it makes it up, it wont across the whole spectrum.

My Telex Stratus 50D's have great passive reduction to the point that I have on occasion gone flying without them turned on and not noticed until well into the flight. Of course when you do turn them on the additional reduction is significant. I have mine wired into the aircraft DC supply as they provide a DC input jack on the battery box and I wired a supply to be available next to the mic/audio jacks. Easy to do

Andy

I'm with you, Andy. I have used the Headsets, Inc. conversions in Pilot headsets for years now with additional power sockets on the panel to supply 9 volts from a regulated supply run off the aircraft 12 volt rail. No need to worry about batteries until (rarely) using my headset in another aircraft. Also saves having a battery box flopping about in the cabin.