Airfields near food and pubs

JG3

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Maj Millard

Great job there John, maybe we can talk Ian into incorporating it into the site format for easy access. We could also have an update feature, as details change over time. This is a great resource for those who like to go places, and I for one thank you for the effort you have put into it for us............Maj....012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Hey John,

That is an absolutely great resource. I heard that there is something called "the hundred dollar hamburger" (in the USA maybe?) and we really need to know where we can head off to instead of just flying around in circles. Especially a list of B&B's that we can take the 'storm-n-strife' to on the weekend. Is there any way that it could be set up so we can add to it as we discover new places?

Just the thing to keep the 'Recreation' in RAAus.

Great job there John, maybe we can talk Ian into incorporating it into the site format for easy access. We could also have an update feature, as details change over time. This is a great resource for those who like to go places, and I for one thank you for the effort you have put into it for us............Maj....012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Well, I did send the link to Ian awhile ago, with that in mind, but never had a reply, so I placed it here.....

As for updating it, I can do that if anyone has info. [email protected]

JG

Another nice place near Broken Hill is Bindara Station, approx 150 km south south east of broken hill, great condition airstrip, about 5km from the homestead, but call ahead, you do need permission, and they will come out and pick you up after you overfly the homestead. fantastic home cooked meals and all levels of accom, from campsite, to drovers quarters, right on the darling river.

very aircraft friendly, but no fuel.

http://www.bindarastation.com/bindara.htm

Google Maps link to Bindara Station Airstrip

Google Maps link to Bindara Station Homestead ~5km to the south east of the strip.

yeah, i know its a little more than a 1km walk from the airstrip. but still a great stopover with food and accommodation easily accessible

Guest Maj Millard

JG, Also Ingham airport, next North up the coast from Townsville . Short walk to town for food, Hotels/ accom or fuel. Also fuel on bowser at airport. See ERSA for fuel contact numbers. Night camping available in airport lounge which is an ex-schoolroom with toilets nearby, or tent camping at airport.

Guest Andys@coffs

And Tully Airport...busy little place full of meatbombers that disgorge over mission beach..... about 2km to main street of Tully

Airport

https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=Tully Airport, Tully, Queensland&hl=en&ll=-17.929436,145.938199&spn=0.010882,0.01929&sll=-17.929661,145.935602&sspn=0.010963,0.01929&oq=tully airport&t=h&z=16

Main Street

https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=Butler Street, Tully, Queensland&hl=en&ll=-17.934173,145.928028&spn=0.010881,0.01929&sll=-17.932641,145.929809&sspn=0.010881,0.01929&oq=Butler St&t=h&hnear=Butler St, Tully Queensland 4854&z=16

And there's a shell service station just out on the highway (within a few hundred m's....not sure what they sell...as I only feed my beast avgas...

Previous owner lived about 10km's from Tully (Airport) to the SE on the side of a bigass mountain.....he had his own airfield on his cane farm

Andy

Another nice place near Broken Hill is Bindara Station, approx 150 km south south east of broken hill, great condition airstrip, about 5km from the homestead, but call ahead, you do need permission, and they will come out and pick you up after you overfly the homestead. fantastic home cooked meals and all levels of accom, from campsite, to drovers quarters, right on the darling river.very aircraft friendly, but no fuel.

http://www.bindarastation.com/bindara.htm

Google Maps link to Bindara Station Airstrip

Google Maps link to Bindara Station Homestead ~5km to the south east of the strip.

yeah, i know its a little more than a 1km walk from the airstrip. but still a great stopover with food and accommodation easily accessible

Now marked on the map as a fly-in resort.

JG, Also Ingham airport, next North up the coast from Townsville . Short walk to town for food, Hotels/ accom or fuel. Also fuel on bowser at airport. See ERSA for fuel contact numbers. Night camping available in airport lounge which is an ex-schoolroom with toilets nearby, or tent camping at airport.

Oops, I thought Ingham was already on there, but it is now.

Thanks

JG

And Tully Airport...busy little place full of meatbombers that disgorge over mission beach..... about 2km to main street of TullyAirport

https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=Tully Airport, Tully, Queensland&hl=en&ll=-17.929436,145.938199&spn=0.010882,0.01929&sll=-17.929661,145.935602&sspn=0.010963,0.01929&oq=tully airport&t=h&z=16

Main Street

https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=Butler Street, Tully, Queensland&hl=en&ll=-17.934173,145.928028&spn=0.010881,0.01929&sll=-17.932641,145.929809&sspn=0.010881,0.01929&oq=Butler St&t=h&hnear=Butler St, Tully Queensland 4854&z=16

And there's a shell service station just out on the highway (within a few hundred m's....not sure what they sell...as I only feed my beast avgas...

Previous owner lived about 10km's from Tully (Airport) to the SE on the side of a bigass mountain.....he had his own airfield on his cane farm

Andy

A bit more than the 1 km walk, but the servo nearby could be handy.

JG

Right here at Shepparton we have a licensed Aeroclub, a caravan park with cabins 100 metres across the road, and a big pub 300 metres up the road.

If you want somewhere more isolated, try Urana. Less than a k to the pub and very pleasant

Kaz

Right here at Shepparton we have a licensed Aeroclub, a caravan park with cabins 100 metres across the road, and a big pub 300 metres up the road.If you want somewhere more isolated, try Urana. Less than a k to the pub and very pleasant

Kaz

Both done, thanks.

JG

Hi All

How about flying in to Deniliquin for a $8 breakfast

We have it every Sunday 8 - 9:30

Plenty of accommodation in town if you want to fly in Saturday night, maybe make a weekend and join us on Friday night as well

Another good place is Wentworth near Mildura for a weekend get away, Darling Junction Motor Inn will pickup from airport and there is cruise boat that seats 60 people for evening meal and Darling Murray river cruise

Excellent value, Deni Aero Club have been the last 2 years and we can recommend it

Photos on our website www.deniliquinaeroclub.com

Cheers

Bruce

Does anyone know if Camden Haven is still operating? last time i was there was about 12 months ago, and all was well, sadly Bob had passed away, but his son is now managing the place, taxi up to Accommodation, 2 cabins with 4 beds each. no food on site.

Hi AllHow about flying in to Deniliquin for a $8 breakfast

We have it every Sunday 8 - 9:30

Plenty of accommodation in town if you want to fly in Saturday night, maybe make a weekend and join us on Friday night as well

Another good place is Wentworth near Mildura for a weekend get away, Darling Junction Motor Inn will pickup from airport and there is cruise boat that seats 60 people for evening meal and Darling Murray river cruise

Excellent value, Deni Aero Club have been the last 2 years and we can recommend it

Photos on our website www.deniliquinaeroclub.com

Cheers

Bruce

Have brekky in Denny then come for a $10 2 course Saturday lunch at Shepp :-)

Kaz

Ian was going to do this his post in the original thread.....

Good to see an update. My aerodrome (South Grafton) is listed & though the Aero club has a bar, it is not licensed except for special events. There are 5 bunks in the bunkhouse & there is a kitchen, toilet & shower. The nearest Pub which also has accommodation (The Royal) is only 3 minutes walk & they do great $8.50 lunches. Cookes Petrol Station is next to the Pub.

• Like 1

Guest Maj Millard
Good to see an update. My aerodrome (South Grafton) is listed & though the Aero club has a bar, it is not licensed except for special events. There are 5 bunks in the bunkhouse & there is a kitchen, toilet & shower. The nearest Pub which also has accommodation (The Royal) is only 3 minutes walk & they do great $8.50 lunches. Cookes Petrol Station is next to the Pub.

Love South Grafton !....if you haven't been yet..GO. Great little spot with great people.........Maj......012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif 012_thumb_up.gif.83e1b5422694a022eec36e1e8343f687.gif 014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Goulburn Airport too, now has the hotel operating, "Three Nautical Mile" cafe and I am sure I saw something on one of the doors about a liqour licence for the cafe (hotel restaurant).

Only been operating about a week, but makes Goulburn more of a destination.

Goulburn Airport too, now has the hotel operating, "Three Nautical Mile" cafe and I am sure I saw something on one of the doors about a liqour licence for the cafe (hotel restaurant).Only been operating about a week, but makes Goulburn more of a destination.

On Google maps that looks like maybe 3-4 km into town??

JG