SuperSTOL

timothyb

Guest Maj Millard

Yes the Smackdown what a marvellous machine. However having done some fuselage repairs recently on a Highlander after a botch landing, I only hope they have beefed up the fuselage tubing a bit on the Smackdown ! Also some great Smackdown footage elsewhere if you do a search...........Can't wait to see one in this country..............Maj.....punk.gif.8eee8803f8302b5104f398dabaa56470.gif

Imagine the places you could land though. It would introduce the hundred dollar picnic to flying as you could pop in anywhere for a feed, swim, walk.... I love speed, but thats pretty cool to be able to fly in at running pace and plop it down in a car space.

What about this nev this could make it very interesting

Seems to me I'd rather be in that plane with an engine failure than a speedy gazelle, although an efato wouldn't be any fun if you were pushing the limits but push the limits in any aircraft and an efato wouldn't be fun, certainly looks as though an out landing in a paddock wouldn't be too bad in it

• 5 months later...
The Australian distributor is now the New Zealand distributor. There is also now a factory built Highlander Super STOL for $120 000 US.

Haha, for a moment there I thought you wrote $120,000 USD!

The NZ poh downloaded from their site states...

Max takeoff 1320pounds

MaxLanding 1320pounds

Empty weight 737pounds

That is 500kgs max...335kgs empty...

I realize there is conflicting information ...nothing unusual in the world of kit built aircraft...