EAA Airventure Oshkosh ?

Jwh

Hi

Thinking about a trip to the US, To see some sights, but mainly to see EAA Airventure. My questions..

Is it worth making the trip to see it?

Anyone here been?

Anyone here going this year ? or thinking about it?

Obviously it is everything aviation, my main interest is the light sport part.

To those that have been.. how many days should I plan to go for to get the most out of it?

Anything else I should be considering or looking at ?

Thanks!

Guest ozzie

1 yes definitely

2 yes twice freaking awesome x 2

3 no not this year

4 every day plus a day early to watch the arrivals

5 join eaa for discounts, camp on site, get walking fit, book flight in B17, start planing now book flight now, go to eaa.org for every thing you need to know

1- Definitely worth going for sure.

2- I have only been once and that was last year.

3- Won't be going this year but a few from our local club going again.

4- Heaps of light sport stuff there and so much more you won't believe

5- My opinion,,, at the very least 5 days and make sure you don't miss out on the night shows

- I found staying at the university was really easy

-take good shoes and use the trams to travel around

- just join the EAA at the gate and buy tickets then.

-Get used to eating American food

-try not to buy another plane like I did.

• Like 3

Definitely worth visiting. Plan to spend the full 5 days there. If it's not going to rain, take a tent and camp in Camp Scholler. If weather is inclement, try the University.

Look for my aircraft there (the red, white and yellow Lightning Bug).

image.jpg.b9fbfaf833182a66f9beb34f95df5336.jpg

I hope to be there with it, work leave permitting, otherwise it will be there with Lanny Rundell who will hopefully offer to sell you a kit. 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif

If you are transiting Los Angeles enroute, I would recommend visiting Chino airport and do a bit of a hangar crawl. There is some very interesting stuff on the field and I would highly recommend the Planes of Fame museum there.

Dave

Guest Nobody
I'm heading over this year, just started getting my Aussie licence recognised so I can hopefully fly in . Biggest airshow in the world woo hooo ,I can't wait!!!Matty

I flew in last year , awesome experience. I had only had my license a few months. It helps if you have a passenger who can tune the radios.

Read the notam!!

Keep a good lookout!!

1- Definitely worth going for sure.2- I have only been once and that was last year.

3- Won't be going this year but a few from our local club going again.

4- Heaps of light sport stuff there and so much more you won't believe

5- My opinion,,, at the very least 5 days and make sure you don't miss out on the night shows

- I found staying at the university was really easy

-take good shoes and use the trams to travel around

- just join the EAA at the gate and buy tickets then.

-Get used to eating American food

-try not to buy another plane like I did.

Brett

I need to know what followed you home from Oshkosh! 'Fess up dammit!. cheers Riley

I will get there one day, well at least I will be in Alaska then Canada starting in about 8 weeks time for a holiday. I cant wait.

Say hi to ERA Alaska, Jim tweto and especially John Ponz (if you get to barrow)

BrettI need to know what followed you home from Oshkosh! 'Fess up dammit!. cheers Riley

Well the sonex caught my eye Riley :) I had never seen one in oz yet so thought I would go and have a good look at one in Oshkosh instead and do the factory tour and meet the people.

• Like 1

I am definitely going this year. Got the flights and accommodation booked, just need to sort out car hire from Chicago. Doing a drive up to arrive on Sunday, and leave on the Saturday, so almost the whole time.

Maybe we should do a meet up one day?

Ryan

Don't know if anything in this regard has changed over the 5 years since I last attended but the international visitor's tent (near the tower) used to have a large notice board where one could post personal details (local contact nr, campsite location, where/when to meet up, etc etc) for mates arriving at different times and staying in different places etc. The Int'l Visitors volunteers also used to put on a terrrific free 'Beef & Beer' nosh-up near the Museum towards the end of Airventure week (and the barmaids were spectacular - not that I noticed!). I suggest that 'forumites' who will be in attendance this year post their forum (and real) names/details on the Australian section of the notice board with the plan that we could possibly look at meeting up at the free BBQ to share a beer and put a face on the names that we've been inter-acting with on this webpage over the years. cheers Riley

• Like 1

Couple of us from cairns going. Going with tori tours so we don't have much to do. Just pay the money and roll up on the day to catch the plane.

Loads of people from the aero club here been before some as many as 10 times!! I kid you not. Aussies who have done the trip from here 10 times.

I haven't been before myself but everyone says you wont see it all unless you go for at least the whole week.

• Informative 1